Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 09-05-15

Add topic

These results are exactly why I hesitate to make predictions about our year. I follow FAU. Read about FAU. And try to keep up on news about FAU.. But, I am not at the practice field.I am not in the meetings. And I know very little about the other C-USA teams. Obviously FIU has a solid D. Or UCF has a weak O line. I hope Charlie has our guys ready.I hope we have the talent and athletes. I hope the players are mentally and physically ready. That is a lot of hopes. I also hope that Saturday late afternoon I can talk about a FAU win.
Back to the top

FINALS from Thursday:

FIU 15 at UCF 14

WKU 14 at Vanderbilt 12
Back to the top

Rick said

FINALS from Thursday:

FIU 15 at UCF 14

WKU 14 at Vanderbilt 12

Posted On: Sep 4th 2015, 7:40 AM #347761

UTSA lost 42-32, not a bad showing.  But good start for the conference at 2-1.
Back to the top

Here are the standings so far:

Tal (2 points)
Jack (2 points)
Pony (2 points)
Kordas (1)
Leead (1)
Madison (1)
JaxOwl (1)
Brandon (1)

Charlotte plays Georgia State on ESPNU at 3:30 this afternoon. We all picked the 'Niners to lose their first game as a memebr of the FBS and CUSA, except for Leead. Therefore, if Charlotte wins, Leead will get 3 points instead of 1.
Back to the top

FRIDAY FINAL:

Charlotte 23 at Georgia State 20
Back to the top

SATURDAY FINALS:

Florida Atlantic 44 at Tulsa 47 OT

Wagner 16 at Rice 56

Jackson State 14 at MTSU 70

UTEP 13 at Arkansas 48

Old Dominion 38 at Eastern Michigan 34

Southern 15 at Louisiana Tech 62

Mississippi St. 34 at Southern Miss 16
Back to the top

There have been some comments after blowing the win yesterday that CUSA is getting better but we are not.  Most of CUSA played creampuffs (EMU AND GSU included) and other than FIU, upset nobody, and even then UCF had serious questions entering the season.

Congrats to them and the other winners but let's not jump overboard because we lost in OT again!

We ARE competitive but we (players AND COACHES) do not know how to win yet. My disappointment is more in Coach P saying we wont take the foot off the pedal this year with a lead - but we DID! With a 10 pt. lead all you have to do is play them even, score for score, and a FG does NOT = a TD!

Go Owls! :cool:
Back to the top

Updated standings:

Leead - 9

Tal - 8

Jack - 8

Pony - 7

JaxOwl - 7

Brandon - 7

Kordas - 7

Madison - 6
Back to the top

Reminder, there's some Sunday football today…

Purdue at Marshall on FS1 at 2:00 PM EST.
Back to the top

3pm EST it shows on my tv. 
Back to the top
Control functions: