Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Driskel's QB Play

For a RS Freshman I think Driskel looked pretty good. He has lots of upside and throws a tight ball with good velocity. He did struggle late in the game, but I think there is a lot of promise with this kid. I am excited to see what he does moving forward.

Any thoughts??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think he looked great for a first timer. Strong arm . Good feet. He will only get better with time. I was under the impression that Parr would just role into the starters roll next season. Really nice to know that Jason has the tools to either start or back up for three more years. I thought he looked great. FAU is lucky  to have two qb's that will battle for the starting roll. I'm not against seeing him more this year.
Back to the top

We will surely see him again, it's the nature of the offense that Quez is running, he'll get dinged up.

That said, I think we were spoiled with how well Driskel played in the first half, it was unbelievable to see a freshman walk out there and take control like that. Later in the game he started to press and made some mistakes, basically played like a freshman which Is understandable. He exceeded my expectations considering the circumstances. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

He exceeded my expectations considering the circumstances. 
Posted On: Sep 13th 2015, 1:36 PM #348560

+1

Back to the top

Well,  we ya behind, most teams press and make more mistakes AND the D can AND WILL come after the qb more.

Great 1st half, typical 2nd halfalmost always for non Power5 or FCS teams vs. the BigBoys as lack of depth shows by then! And the fact we lost our starting qb AND rb, well….
Back to the top

I thought Driskel did a good job granting his experience, especially playing Miami. Does anyone know what is the status on Johnson and our RB is? I wouldn't mind seeing what Driskel could do vs. Buffalo. BTW the Uniforms were really nice. Love the State of Florida & Atlantic written inside. We should use them more often, especially vs. FIU. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Miami adjusted to Driskell in the 2nd half…it wasn't pretty.

We need Quez back for this game against Buffalo…he gives us the best chance to win this game by a mile.  0-3 would not be a good thing.  This Buffalo game is HUGE Saturday.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

He did a great job given that it was his first collegiate start. He needs time to develop, obviously. I don't remember both interceptions but I do remember that he forced at least one of them which is a product of inexperience.

Still, I think both he and Parr have huge upside and I'm a little more optimistic now that we can still have a decent season next year with Quez gone.

I feel like we've had a lot of QBs who float/delay their balls a little too long and it would be nice to have a QB that gets rid of the ball quickly, just throwing darts down the field and moving the chains.
Back to the top

"Still, I think both he and Parr have huge upside and I'm a little more optimistic now that we can still have a decent season next year with Quez gone. "

This team and the talent on it…is going nowhere but up for the forseeable future.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Driskel: Starter for sure.........I enjoyed watching him play. My kinda QB
Back to the top