Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Paul Meyerberg's C-USA Preseason Rankings: Owls 6th in East

What used to be a "look forward to" countdown has dwindled to just high level prognosis.

Nonetheless, here is what Paul Myerberg has to say about C-USA football for 2015.

EAST

1. Western Kentucky (No. 37)
2. Marshall (No. 41)
3. Middle Tennessee State (No. 78)
4. Florida International (No. 104)
5. Old Dominion (No. 90)
6. Florida Atlantic (No. 106)
7. Charlotte (No. 128)

WEST

1. Louisiana Tech (No. 51)
2. Rice (No. 67)
3. North Texas (No. 89)
4. Southern Mississippi (No. 100)
5. UTEP (No. 107)
6. UTSA (No. 114)

Florida Atlantic

Best case: The Owls start slow but turn it on late, riding a number of crucial young contributors into the postseason.

Worst case: There's a win against Charlotte but not much else. The coaching staff does continue to do solid work on the recruiting trail, however.

College Football Preview: Conference USA
Back to the top

Rick said

What used to be a "look forward too" countdown has dwindled to just high level prognosis.

Posted On: Aug 18th 2015, 2:46 PM #347346

I will give Myerberg the benefit of the doubt. He typically knows his stuff. But, yes, when he used to do the NY Times countdown it was awesome!  

I think it is good for those who expect the team with the worst record in conference to suddenly leap past everyone, and thinks everyone else in conference regresses…see a perspective from a solid football person who is not a homer.

Not saying this guy is right, and I certainly hope he is not, but it does confirm to me why my expectations are in check and why I don't let my excitement for the season guide them.

That being said, I hope we go undefeated.
Back to the top

I....I think....I think we...I think we will...I think we will win, I think we will win........I right there with ya FAUOWL.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

What used to be a "look forward too" countdown has dwindled to just high level prognosis.

Posted On: Aug 18th 2015, 2:46 PM #347346

I will give Myerberg the benefit of the doubt. He typically knows his stuff. But, yes, when he used to do the NY Times countdown it was awesome!  

I think it is good for those who expect the team with the worst record in conference to suddenly leap past everyone, and thinks everyone else in conference regresses…see a perspective from a solid football person who is not a homer.

Not saying this guy is right, and I certainly hope he is not, but it does confirm to me why my expectations are in check and why I don't let my excitement for the season guide them.

That being said, I hope we go undefeated.
Posted On: Aug 18th 2015, 3:26 PM #347347

Bump
Back to the top

after watching the Memphis game Thursday, and hearing their coach's plan on developing his team, I have hope. He did it in three seasons. Charlies young guys look pretty darn good.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

after watching the Memphis game Thursday, and hearing their coach's plan on developing his team, I have hope. He did it in three seasons. Charlies young guys look pretty darn good.

Posted On: Sep 27th 2015, 7:21 AM #349751

UGH you just don't see it do you???

Please tell what gives you hope other then you just want to have it really bad?

This team isn't moving in the right direction by the look its seems to be getting worse in so many ways.

Look at Bret Bielema and Butch Jones right now both coaches have been criticized for game management skills and play calling , but both can recruit yet looking at them they still cant win in year three.

Do we have some really nice young players? Yes, but do feel after watching this staff and the mistakes that don't ever seem to change are the guys that are going to take the in the right direction.
You can sell hope when we go out there and play few solid football games.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I can't answer for Localowl, but for me there is no other choice. You either have hope or you spend your day being miserable. Life is too short to be miserable about football to be honest.  

If I lost hope for this team, I wouldn't waste a second of my life making sure everyone knows I have lost hope for this team. I would just move on and do something else.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

I can't answer for Localowl, but for me there is no other choice. You either have hope or you spend your day being miserable. Life is too short to be miserable about football to be honest.

If I lost hope for this team, I wouldn't waste a second of my life making sure everyone knows I have lost hope for this team. I would just move on and do something else.

Posted On: Sep 27th 2015, 9:34 AM #349755

That is only because you obviously don't care what happens to this team and you have no vested interest in the success of this program like OC. 
Back to the top

ha ha, fauowl is a big boy and can defend himself but SERIOUSLY??? There isn't a person on this board that has a GREATER vested interest in the success of this program and school than him.

I am excited to see these defensive players evolve as the season goes on, hopefully we can string a few more in the easy part of our schedule and ride some confidence.

Win or lose, we're getting Charlie at least for one more year no matter how hard people try to get #firecharlie trending. Like I said last night, we have 14 freaking fans, no one actually cares what we all have to say. If Dick Schmidt were to really turn the screws on Pat, we might, MIGHT, get a coordinator fired, maybe. But he's hardly T. Boone Pickens. So buckle up and support the kids playing, we're all in for a ride this year.
Back to the top

"That is only because you obviously don't care what happens to this team and you have no vested interest in the success of this program like OC. "

Most ridiculous and uninformed comment of the year!!
Back to the top
Control functions: