Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The rest of the season

Based on what you've seen so far, how many more games do you guys think we will win this season?

Left on the schedule:

Rice (2-2, lost to Texas and Baylor)
Marshall (3-1, lost to Miami OH)
UTEP (2-2, lost to Arkansas and Texas Tech)
FIU (2-2, lost to Indiana and La Tech)
WKU (3-1, lost to Indiana)
MTSU (2-2, lost to Alabama and Illinois)
Florida (4-0)
Old Dominion (2-2, losses to NC State and Appalachian State)

one way to look at it is that we could get to 6 wins by beating all the 2-2 teams on our schedule, which includes MTSU. To get the magical 7 we'd need to also take down Marshall or WKU.

Still, that seems insanely optimistic right now considering how the team is playing.
Back to the top

Two should win, one neutral, two might win.

3 and 5 when the bell rings.
Back to the top

I can't account for how much we may improve by the end of the year, so just taking into account of what I have seen the past 2 games, I only see 2 more wins (possibly UTEP, OD). Those are away games so who knows. Will be interesting to see how we do the next 2 games to see if there is a difference or if this is what we are for the year. I know everyone likes to say we are better than we are playing, but at some point, we are what we are. We got one win, let's get the next one.
Back to the top

2-3 more wins tops. OC…don't read anything into this . I said tops. Heck, we may not win any.
Back to the top

I don't know. FAU racked up an amazing 184 yards of offense against a first year FBS team. 
There doesn't seem to be any consistency from game to game except for turn overs. 
One thing that did change was penalties. I believe there were fewer this game. 
Maybe 1 or 2 more wins at the most but I will gladly accept being proved wrong.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

If the offense that showed up against Tulsa and the defense we've shown the last two weeks arrives on the same bus, we beat rice by 50.
Back to the top

The defense was great. They have only had 7 points scored against them in the last two games total.
Back to the top

Problem I saw on O were MANY.

Unless Quez got ankle hurt on TD run, why so few designed runs (0) (read option).

Why so many DIFFICULT THROWS AND CATCHES (read deep outs) IN THE RAIN? Why so few short slants and TE throws no delay crosses by RB's and SCREENS when they were blindly coming after QB? And whwn you find you CAN run to the left - KEEP DOING SO until they stop you.

They were commiting 8 to the box with only 1 safety, run 2 receivers down the middle and hit the open one, sfety CAN'T cover both!!

To be honest, we looked like a BAD HS team on O - a BAD ONE!

And please, NOBODY- COACHES ESPECIALLY - blame the difficulties on O on the rain, it was steady but light. Our DB's had NO PROBLEM catching the ball, a least twice on SPECTACULAR PLAYS!

I feel we are being OVERCOCHED STILL and NOT LETTING OUT ATHLETES PLAY. I absolutely hate it when we run a great play or two, line up quickly with MO on our side, and then STOP FOR GUIDANCE FROM the SIDELINE! It is breaking our rythme we have established AND letting the other teams D REST! And this happens ALL THE TIME - we ALL have seen it! And then how many times does this IMPORTANT EDGE TAKEN AWAY by running up the middle where we have been getting stuffed all game! Wow, great call!

STOP trying to show we are brilliant coaches by overcoaching a game and let them play with good plays. PLEASE watch good spread O teams and run their plays - THEY WORK! USE OUR SPEED!!!!!!!

And lets not even start on game and clock management. hose two fctors basiv=cally don't exist - se throwng on 1st doewn INSIDE YOUR OWN 20 in the 4th with only a 10 point lead, resulting in the pick 6 or turnover, or stopping the clock with an incompletion. EXACTLY what the other team wants!

All this said, very proud to be there and see the Owls D dominate and hold on.
Back to the top

A bye week couldn't come at better time for us.  If we see that Tulsa offense, last two week defense, a healthier Quez, and the backs hold on to the ball, we should be able to compete with Conference USA foes, week to week. We might pull out a few home wins, we could win 4-5 more games of the remaining 8. One game at a time. Rice is up! 👌🏼
Back to the top

No bowls this year for sure. Staff only interested in young future so theres no experience, hope it pans out long run or else were just high school coaches and a high school team. Wont see progress till year 4 or 5 if Partridge can survive hazing. Only a program manager, and ok recruiter. 
Back to the top
Control functions: