Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: "Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence"

Local Owl said

So what are you guys planning to do to get them moving ?
Posted On: Oct 9th 2015, 7:37 PM #350128

complain on a message board  :Big-Grin:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Haven't seen anything about breaking ground for this in the usual channels. Obviously it would be to their benefit to have something going National Signing Day but I doubt we'll see anything by then.
Back to the top

Back to the top

I'm always totally amazed and impressed by an individuals or families ability and/or desire to donate so much money . Thank god those type of people exist. Remember, this is their money and they can choose anything they want with it. We are very very luck that these folks have chosen to finance a cause that benefits FAU football. The type of money we need is HUGE. We must be patient with the process and move at a pace that the people giving the money are happy with. I would like it yesterday. But I've learned, if you want a plan to be successful, wait until everything is in line before moving forward. These people are used to doing and getting and building what they want. They are going to give FAU an amazing complex. But it is wise to stick to the plan. Whatever that plan is.
Back to the top

With the money already in hand, surely they have all the design and engineering work done.

Being half way there I would hope they could break ground (finance the balance Pres. Kelly) on he full scale project and continue to collect pledges to pay off the balance . It will be much easier to collect on something people can actually see and also be a HUGE help in recruiting AND be in place for next season as I am sure it will take a while (year?)to build anyhow.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

With the money already in hand, surely they have all the design and engineering work done.

Being half way there I would hope they could break ground (finance the balance Pres. Kelly) on he full scale project and continue to collect pledges to pay off the balance . It will be much easier to collect on something people can actually see and also be a HUGE help in recruiting AND be in place for next season as I am sure it will take a while (year?)to build anyhow.

Posted On: Oct 10th 2015, 8:49 AM #350146

You must be a member of Congress!  Just kidding.  But to borrow to build this thing would be pretty irresponsible.  To start building before they have all of the funding will be the fast lane to building a facility that is substantially less than the special building they originally announced.

Regarding the "7 million from the Miami game" besides a couple twitter post, was their any other official notice?  I haven't seen anything which means to me that after buzz of the wine from the cocktail party went away we are either still working out the details or that money went away.
Back to the top

Story just out on U of Minnesota facilities upgrade;

Board of Regents approve $166 million Athletes Village - Yahoo Sports

$166 Million! That is over three times our projected cost. The longer we wait the further we get left behind! Our project is much needed and appropriate for us and apparantly at quite a reasonable price. Another reason to begin before the costs rise!

Here are some other links to their project;

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/100915aad.html

http://www.nothingshortofgreatness.com/  (LOVE this name by the way!)
Back to the top

Congressman Guest said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 10th 2015, 8:49 AM #350146

You must be a member of Congress!  Just kidding.  But to borrow to build this thing would be pretty irresponsible.  To start building before they have all of the funding will be the fast lane to building a facility that is substantially less than the special building they originally announced.

Regarding the "7 million from the Miami game" besides a couple twitter post, was their any other official notice?  I haven't seen anything which means to me that after buzz of the wine from the cocktail party went away we are either still working out the details or that money went away.
Posted On: Oct 10th 2015, 9:16 AM #350150

Just posted a story on Minny building a $166M complex and breaking ground with about 1/2 pledged so they are over $70M short still but still proceeding. The story says they usually have to have only 20% pleded to proceed but waithed to have 50% because of large cost. We are at 50% and are only $25M short or 1/3 the amount Minny is willing to cover by financing.

We HAVE TO get out of this little guy rut, bite the bullet and have the balls to grow! WE STILL would probably NOT have the stadium had the former President not come in and had the balls to say let's build this thing already!

Any construction project draws MUCH more interest (think condos) when something tangible is going up and not just a brochure with pics.
Back to the top

Look i know this whole will not be built overnight. I would like to see the indoor practice facility be put up if that money is there. The only reason I have expectations of breaking ground is because they said they would break down the during the summer that has already passed 
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: