Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Will we ever be good again?

As a diehard FAU fan it's to hard to watch this team lose like this.  In the past we always blamed our losses on something like Lockhart stadium, curse of the beat the other team shirts, regular jerseys, scheduling etc.  We now have the stadium, the easier scheduling as far as more mid major games, nice jerseys and we continue to lose. Other FCS programs are beating power 5 teams and making a statement and it's like we are still lost.  We are in a pivotal moment in our schools history, wins translate to better recognition and word of mouth about FAU.  I believe that we are keeping this movement stagnant with the losing.  The things that I noticed in this game is that we are not conditioned well,  we missed way too many tackles.  Rice was the better team because they had depth getting 1st downs in bunches while we struggle to move the ball.  The other problem is play calling,  we are too predictable and we don't play to the strengths of our players.  The play calling is lazy, look at when we got the ball in the 4th it was ultra conservative.  We gave Rice the ball with loads of time to gash us, which they did.  As far as the fire Charlie sayings I think he is trying,  he's a good guy that cares.  Imagine if he won all those close games?  I think the problem is Brian Wright.  His playcalling is sometimes sabotage.  When he was the interim coach he made sure to run up the score.  If this continues we will lose every game.  I have seen our darkest hour and this is not it,  I have hope we will do better. Fire Wright now and we win Utep, Fiu, Unt, Odu and possibly a ranked Western Kentucky. The time is now!  Go Owls!
Back to the top

I'm looking at the schedule and thinking a 3-9 season.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I hope you're right – that we can win two more games. Do we get to play Charlotte again?
Back to the top

I know of a guy who is available who has been a wizard at turning programs around and bringing them to national prominence. He did it for Miami and then for Louisville. Maybe FAU should look into him. Oh wait, he was here and then basically forced out. Maybe the time is right to bring him back to work his magic.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I know of a guy who is available who has been a wizard at turning programs around and bringing them to national prominence. He did it for Miami and then for Louisville. Maybe FAU should look into him. Oh wait, he was here and then basically forced out. Maybe the time is right to bring him back to work his magic.

GO OWLS!!!
Posted On: Oct 11th 2015, 6:51 PM #350412

He only knew how to WIN! Almost won the FCS National Championship in Year 2. Now college football is about fancy recruiting rankings, pretty helmets, and social media.

Man, I miss winning!!
Back to the top

I know a guy who got wrongfully fired by a fellow state school brought them to a number 2 ranking while beating teams like FSU and Miami. And since his firing the program has fallen apart.  He can recruit and coach. Give the man a second chance
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I know a guy who got wrongfully fired by a fellow state school brought them to a number 2 ranking while beating teams like FSU and Miami. And since his firing the program has fallen apart.  He can recruit and coach. Give the man a second chance
Posted On: Oct 11th 2015, 7:21 PM #350414

Jim Leavitt?
Back to the top

Lets do what  Tulsa ans B.G. did. Lets get one of the offensive minds that they mass produce at Baylor.
Back to the top

Here is an interesting article recently published about this guy:

Jim Leavitt back in college game, while player he struck is struggling - CBSSports.com

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Lets do what  Tulsa ans B.G. did. Lets get one of the offensive minds that they mass produce at Baylor.

Posted On: Oct 11th 2015, 7:43 PM #350416

No no no no no no 
Offensive coaches are a dime a dozen in college football today.
You find a defensive guy becuSe those are air harder to come buy.
Back to the top
Control functions: