Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

*** The Offical Fire Brian Wright Thread!***

This guy has got to go!!!

Offensive coaches are a dime a dozen in football today.

The end for me was him calling back to back back shoulder passes on a 2nd and 3rd and 5 with a about a 1:30 left in the game and all three timeouts.

Lets talk replacements.

(Charlie your thread is next)
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

The end for me was him calling back to back back shoulder passes on a 2nd and 3rd and 5 with a about a 1:30 left in the game and all three timeouts.

Lets talk replacements.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 8:20 AM #350434

Last month you wanted Roc gone because of the defense. Now the defense is being praised. Stuff can change quickly.  Good thing we don't pull the trigger every time the wind blows.
Back to the top

I'm still am not a fan of Roc.
Wright is the worst of the three right now and if you go back to last a I was one among others who wanted wright gone.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

Lets talk replacements.

Last month you wanted Roc gone because of the defense. Now the defense is being praised. Stuff can change quickly.  Good thing we don't pull the trigger every time the wind blows.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 8:50 AM #350435
I wouldn't think giving up 500 yds to Rice deserves any praise. Just saying…

Now for my conspiracy theory. I wonder is BW is sabotaging the offense since he didn't get the head coaching job. His offense was much better with less talent when is was the HC. I wish I could figure out how to put this in red font.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

Lets talk replacements.

Now for my conspiracy theory. I wonder is BW is sabotaging the offense since he didn't get the head coaching job. His offense was much better with less talent when is was the HC. I wish I could figure out how to put this is red font.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 9:06 AM #350438

I usually don't agree with OC40 but this time he may be right. He had Buddy Howell torch Rice for a five yard gain and then two back to back passes. You have the time outs use them, but keep running the ball and force Rice to bring more guys into the box to stop the run.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

fauowl said

owlcountry40 said

Now for my conspiracy theory. I wonder is BW is sabotaging the offense since he didn't get the head coaching job. His offense was much better with less talent when is was the HC. I wish I could figure out how to put this in red font.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 9:06 AM #350438

I thought I was the only one with that conspiracy theory. Only reason I refuse to believe it is because if in fact he is sabotaging the O, he's job may be on the line as much as Charlie. He would be the 1st to go. Charlie has a better chance to stay. Wright chose to stay at FAU when he has a chance to be a HC at an FCS school, that's why I refused to lean on that theory. Oh well! At the end of the day, something needs to change. I don't know who or what it is.
Back to the top

It's really simple:

Johnson not running changes the offense in a MAJOR way. We have to rely solely on our backs for the ground game, and the passing game suffers for two reasons: set-up, and efficiency.

If you would have had Quez running the option 10 times a game and we have two more victories - end of discussion.

Don't blame that on Wright, blame it on QB performance and possibly poor forecasting at certain positions when we had to rely on the pass as a result - Buffalo.
Back to the top

Wait, wait, wait….

People on here really believe Brian Wright stayed at FAU in an effort to call bad plays to have us lose in a plot of revenge???

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:

Just awesome.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

It's really simple:

Johnson not running changes the offense in a MAJOR way. We have to rely solely on our backs for the ground game, and the passing game suffers for two reasons: set-up, and efficiency.

If you would have had Quez running the option 10 times a game and we have two more victories - end of discussion.

Don't blame that on Wright, blame it on QB performance and possibly poor forecasting at certain positions when we had to reply on the pass as a result - Buffalo.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 10:14 AM #350447
Quez was healthy last years when we layed eggs Vs UNT, MTSU and Wyoming on offense.
If Quez is hurt why are you making him try and make the most difficult throw in football in a pressure situation?

Hey maybe try and get Trey R in space
Trey only had one touch after the lighting delay and he was avg 6.5 on the ground and 8 in the air.

Please stop making excuses for this staff they show 0 creativeness or killer instinct.
Back to the top

Rick said

It's really simple:

Don't blame that on Wright, blame it on QB performance and possibly poor forecasting at certain positions when we had to rely on the pass as a result - Buffalo.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2015, 10:14 AM #350447
We have not had things go our way.  Quez's ankle, Warrens ribs, Trey suspension, using a 4th string center…didn't help things.

But the way our team played after the break against Rice….uninspired, unmotivated and play calling to protect a lead with 10 minutes left is on COACHING.

Our coaches did not have the boys ready to play and they definetly didn't call the last 10 minutes properly.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: