Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NCAA pushes to end marijuana testing, suspensions in favor of treatment

Via the Orlando Sentinel…

"At first glance, there is nothing special about the white business card.

Most likely, you'll find it in the wallets of many of the Florida Atlantic University football players.

The message, written in red ink, embodies a commitment between the athlete and his coach.

‘GET OUT CARD! Coach Partridge will NOT let me do drugs or embarrass the program. If bad things are about to happen, LEAVE NOW! You/Your team are at risk.'

On the back it reads, ‘How to ‘Win Today:' Know where to be. Be on time! Treat people with respect. Make good decisions. NO DRUGS!!'"

NCAA pushes to end marijuana testing, suspensions in favor of treatment

Back to the top

There is no viable reason marijuana is illegal for an adult in this country.  This change is a good thing IMO.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

There is no viable reason marijuana is illegal for an adult in this country.  This change is a good thing IMO.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2015, 2:04 PM #350935

Roughing the Quarterback is not illegal, however it is against the rules.

Rules are rules.  Rules drive the behavior that you want to present about your organization regardless of the law.  

When I worked in the corporate world, it was not against the law for me to wear a speedo to work, however, the rule was to wear a suit and tie.

Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2015, 2:04 PM #350935

Here here!
Back to the top

This will never happen, main reason for the post was to show that FAU was silently singled out as an opponent to the movement.

I mean seriously, you have a guy like Moody who was tokin' at the speed of sound and he continues to play like nothing is awry because he is "going to treatment"?

:Laughing:  x 10,000
Back to the top

fauowl said

Roughing the Quarterback is not illegal, however it is against the rules.

Rules are rules.  Rules drive the behavior that you want to present about your organization regardless of the law.

When I worked in the corporate world, it was not against the law for me to wear a speedo to work, however, the rule was to wear a suit and tie.

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2015, 2:38 PM #350936

:-]:Yawn:
Back to the top
Control functions: