Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

More Bowl games

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Again, these are having to be created by the Networks and Group of 5 programs  as the other "opportunities" have been taken away by the 6-6 vs. 6-6 Big10 vs. Big12 matchups! meanwhile, much more deserving Group of 5 teams get left out.

Think about it. A SEC team can actually go 2-6 in SEC play if they win their 4 OOC games (usually only one MAX BigBoy match-up anlong with three body g=bag gamkes (including a FCS game) and be Bowl eligible and picked pretty much for sure over ANY group of 5 team.

Posted On: May 7th 2015, 7:36 PM #345067

Heres an idea requiring schools in conferences that get automatic BCS bids to beat 6 FBS teams to be bowl eligible. That way lower tier FBS schools scheduling FCS opponents dont have to compete with SEC teams scheduling cupcake games at 500k each.
Back to the top

This is becoming ridiculous and I was kibda hoping UCF wouldn't get their bowl so we'd be the only one in Florida hosting a bowl game in their home stadium.

On the upside if they keep adding bowl games we may eventually get to go regardless of our season record! Bowl Games That No One Cares About here we come!
Back to the top

As I said in an above post, adding more bowl games might result in not enough teams qualifying with a 6-6 in some years. Some years we might see teams with a 5-7 record in some of the lower tier bowls.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I could never understand how college football fans wouldn't want more college football. As to this devaluing bowl games, ask our football players if they'd rather want to go to a bowl game, albeit small, or stay at home.

This is a win, win, win, for all involved.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

As I said in an above post, adding more bowl games might result in not enough teams qualifying with a 6-6 in some years. Some years we might see teams with a 5-7 record in some of the lower tier bowls.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2015, 1:01 PM #349912

We've already seen this actually. But again, who cares? Let these suffering fan bases (which include us) and the student athletes have fun! 
Back to the top

You could send us to the Planned Parenthood Bowl on December 10th for all I care and I'm all in. The extra month of practice is the main value for just about every bowl team outside of the BCS/playoff games 
Back to the top

Rick said

C-USA to Arizona Bowl…

Posted On: Oct 1st 2015, 10:54 AM #349909

Campus Insiders (@CampusInsiders) has reached an agreement with TV broadcast partner, American Sports Network (ASN) for carriage of the NOVA® Home Loans Arizona Bowl Game on December 29, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. MST.  ASN, a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), will televise the live game, making it available across Sinclair’s television stations, other linear broadcasters and regional sports networks.  

"We are pleased to team up with Campus Insiders for distribution of our first bowl game on ASN," commented Doron Gorshein, COO of Sinclair Networks Group.  "We continue to expand our offerings and serve our communities by delivering high quality and relevant live sports."

“We’re very excited to work with ASN to expand our programming coverage of the NOVA® Home Loans Arizona Bowl,” said Crowley Sullivan, Executive Vice President Campus Insiders.  “With an inaugural bowl game, it’s important that we reach all fans of the participating schools, student-athletes, coaches and communities that are part of college football’s postseason excitement.   ASN will bring access to a broad audience of college sports fans that may also be interested in watching the enhanced experience Campus Insiders is going to offer.”

Last month, the Inaugural NOVA® Home Loans Arizona Bowl Game was announced by the Arizona Sports and Entertainment Commission as the first ever ‘digitally-focused’ college football bowl game making CampusInsiders.com a worldwide platform where fans will be able to enjoy the game with first- of- its- kind access and unique digital elements.
Back to the top
Control functions: