Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - November 14th, 2015

Add topic

The Matchup: MTSU (4-5, 3-2 C-USA) vs. FAU (2-7, 2-4 C-USA)

When: Saturday, November 14th, 12:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: Blue Raiders lead 9-3, and the Owls have not won in the last seven tries.

MTSU Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: American Sports Network - ASN

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3 

Stats: Here

Back to the top

FAU opens as +6 point underdogs, and that immediately went to +4.5.
Back to the top

Rickie Stockstill owns the Owls, don't feel good about this one…
Back to the top

Yet ANOTHER noon game. And its still friggin hot. Hopefully a cool front come in.

I expressed my EXTREME displeasure about all these noon games to my ticket rep when I got an Email asking about how my experience was this year. He said I wasnt alone and that they were bumping all the complaints up. I certainly hope so.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Its November and South Florida, this is great football weather. Out fan base should stop complaining about the players and staff if they cant even man up to sit in the stands with a cold beverage in hand. NFL gajmes are at 1PM, somhow people "suffer" through those. Somehow people attend UF games when they are at Noon in the swamp, what is the difference here? Would later times be nicer, sure but I sometimes I think our fan base is way to whiney.
Back to the top

Putting our win/loss record aside these noontime games are killing the long term fanbase. Watch what happens to our season ticket sales next year. They will tank unless we have guarantees of no noon noontime games until after thanksgiving.

Our ticket sales can survive losing games, we cannot survive a self-inflicted terrible game day experience. 
Back to the top

voss749 said

Putting our win/loss record aside these noontime games are killing the long term fanbase. Watch what happens to our season ticket sales next year. They will tank unless we have guarantees of no noon noontime games until after thanksgiving.

Our ticket sales can survive losing games, we cannot survive a self-inflicted terrible game day experience. 
Posted On: Nov 9th 2015, 11:09 AM #351796

See my above post…I just dont get it…Agree later games are nicer weather wise at least in Sept, but other than that our fan base needs to grow a pair I think.
Back to the top

Honestly id rather have thursday and friday night games instead of Saturday noon.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Honestly id rather have thursday and friday night games instead of Saturday noon.
Posted On: Nov 9th 2015, 11:11 AM #351798

Exactly and hundereds or thousands of others would disagree with that too, you will never get everyone to agree on what time works best for them, but guess what last I checked no team asks its fans when they want to attend a game so it is conveinet for them. Last I checked there are plenty of full stadiumd around the country on Sat and Sunday at 12 or 1 many in hot climates. The issue is performance more than game time. Using noon games is just an excuse IMO. You commit to being a fan or you dont, that simple.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

voss749 said

Posted On: Nov 9th 2015, 11:09 AM #351796

See my above post…I just dont get it…Agree later games are nicer weather wise at least in Sept, but other than that our fan base needs to grow a pair I think.
Posted On: Nov 9th 2015, 11:11 AM #351797

Since the noontime games are on tv our fanbase will stayhome and watch it on tv. Were not talking about nice weather we are talking about people suffering heat illnesses. One thing they could do is cut prices of bottled water. Make bottled water into a fan service instead of a revenue source. Yes sell it at cost.
Back to the top