Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Football Season Ticket Renewal Form

Did anyone receive a form letter from Coach P today with a request to renew season tickets already with the renewal form enclosed?

I've got to say, this season was a bit of an all around bummer for me and of our six home games I had my butt in the seats for two, gave tickets away for two due to being out of town, watched on the satellite in the parking lot for one game, and completely blew this last one off and it didn't really bother me.

Now, I will most likely renew as it is social for me and fun, but I find it somewhat extremely arrogant and blind that they would ask for renewals so quickly after the end of our "home" season and with such a dismal showing at that.

I think there needs to be change, what that change is I'm not sure.  It has to start with either position coaches or the coordinators because something just isn't right.  I'm not quite on the "fire Charlie" bandwagon yet, but I do think that seat is going to be warm in short order.

Anyway, just felt like venting and to get other perspectives.  Again, maybe it's just me but I would not be asking for the "sale" right now with the dismal home showing so recent in my customers mind.

Finally, for the FAU athletics staff that is certainly reading this, throw me a bone and give me an incentive to renew NOW instead of later.  Pricing staying the same to renew now to see this product is not getting anyone excited.
Back to the top

Dude, I feel 1000% the same way! I opened that tonight and thought, are you serious? The season isn't over, we've won 2 games and you want a g note from me…for what might I ask? I certainly haven't gotten my money's worth out of this most recent purchase. 

Pair that with OSF wanting more money as I'm sitting there watching us lose to Warner, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. 

I'm a sucker right? I feel like I'm being punked.
Back to the top

Its not abnormal to start renewal process during the season.  Just because it was a crappy season doesn't mean they should hold back.  The heat start in February and the dolphins are doing it now.   I have not had dolphin season tickets for 3 years and they called me the day after the second bills loss to renew.  I had a similar reaction to them.  If I were you I would not renew that will show them you are serious.
Back to the top

I've been an avid supporter of FAU and more specifically FAU athletics for a long, long time.  Heck, I've had season tickets to basketball since Matt Dohrety was the HC and we were playing big games against the Campbell Camels.

Regarding basketball, I recieved a reminder to purchase my Mens BB season tickets while out of town for work and thought to myself…this feels more like a car insurance bill than paying $420 to support and be entertained by a hard working, well coached, achieving program.  

Then I see that we were smashed by Mich State (I can handle that, they are probably top 5 team this year)…but then I see that we lost to NAIA Wagner.  Let me remind everybody on here…NAIA schools cant even give full athletic scholarships.  We have a HC that was a NBA HC and a roster of full ride scholarship players and lost AT HOME to basically a walk-on program.

Now for football…I have had season tickets since 2005 (graduated 2004, so purchased the year after graduating).  I usually purchase 2 tickets but have purchased 3 some seasons to invite somebody that usually doens't go to the games a seat to see what my alma mater is achieving.   

After the most recent season of sitting through a slew of noon games with 95 degree weather in the blazing sun broken up by 2 hour lightning delays...all the while watching a team that looked undisciplined and not well coached nor motivated.  Watched heart breaking loss after heart breaking loss (sandwiched in between some straight beatings in which we weren't even competitive with programs in our conference with similar resources)…I had this thought run through my mind:

Lets just assume I average spending $400 per football season since 2005 - $400 x 10 = $4,000.  That of course is before parking, tailgating and drinks.  $200 per basketball season since 2005 - $200 x 10 = $2,000.  Then lets factor in the student fees for athletics I paid in school (which I am still paying interest on)…$400 x 4 = $1,600.

That is a grand total of nearly $10,000 which doesn't include donations.  I wont even go into the road games I've attended through the years….Texas, Mich State 2x, UAB, UF, UM, New Orleans, etc.

I got my mail and saw the same…a letter from a coach who blocked me on twitter for absolutely nothing, asking for another $700.00 for next season.  Mind you, all the while earning a $500,000 salary during a 2nd lack luster season in which his coaching decisions have been publically debated and questioned.  Takes a lot of gall to block such a supporter over the comment "tough game today coach".  I think a conversation with AD Chun is in order to demand I am unblocked before handing over the $700 request...its pathetic.

In spite of all of the above, I will get my checkbook out, because I have commited to do so and the games provide an opportunity for me to see long time friends…but at this point and until changes are made at the AD level I simply dont blame others if they do not follow.

If you took the time to read all of this, I apologize…cant give you that time back.

Go Owls.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It doesn't matter if they ask for renewal today, December, January or August it doesn't change a bad season. You personally decide to renew or not.  BUT to get mad that our ticket department is acting like a professionally run department is amusing.  I remember years having to call to find out when the renewal was coming, so this is not necessarily a bad thing.  Just stings because of a lousy season.
Back to the top

walty12 said

In spite of all of the above, I will get my checkbook out, because I have commited to do so and the games provide an opportunity for me to see long time friends…but at this point and until changes are made at the AD level I simply dont blame others if they do not follow.

Posted On: Nov 18th 2015, 11:12 PM #352124

Mind you that this loyal Owl has faithfully been a donor to The Owl's Nest as well, and for that we thank you Walty12!

You da man, thanks for helping pay the bills so everyone has a place to congregate FREE of charge!

:cool:
Back to the top

For the first time in program history, I am questioning the value of what I am investing in. The entertainment value is not meeting the cost. I don't have as much fun as in the past and it is not just because of losing. I have witnessed plenty of losing over the years in football and basketball.  

Teambeer said it best: I feel like I am being punked sometimes.

I used to have Dolphins season tickets and didn't miss a home game for 10-12 years going back to the Orange Bowl days, and then Joe Robbie.  I considered myself a pretty die hard fan.  Then it stopped being enjoyable and fun and I have never been to a game again.  

Sure winning helps but the atmosphere has changed.  
Back to the top

The 'atmosphere" to me is the extremely BORING O we play.  One of the worst in FBS play even with a senior 3 year starter at QB and an experienced O line! The O calls are so pathetic at times that everyone in the stands near where we sit feel the very dsame. POOR High Sschhol level coaching. It is so obvious to everyone that the opposing O KNOES what we are going to do a MINIMUM of 50% of the time. And that is enough to kill your O!

Again going back to the Hoiuston game the other night vs. memphis, a VEY exciting brand of footbal being played and EXCITING the fanbase.

What a concept huh Coach P and W and Mr's. Chun and Kelly!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The 'atmosphere" to me is the extremely BORING O we play.  One of the worst in FBS play even with a senior 3 year starter at QB and an experienced O line! The O calls are so pathetic at times that everyone in the stands near where we sit feel the very dsame. POOR High Sschhol level coaching. It is so obvious to everyone that the opposing O KNOES what we are going to do a MINIMUM of 50% of the time. And that is enough to kill your O!

Again going back to the Hoiuston game the other night vs. memphis, a VEY exciting brand of footbal being played and EXCITING the fanbase.

Posted On: Nov 19th 2015, 2:31 PM #352137

And I bet they didn't have 5 freshman on defense at the same time or their starting qb AND rb miss significant time.  I know you are not suppose to point out reasons for our reality on here but that is the truth. Oh don't forget 26 freshman on the two deep.  I am sorry.  Just win you 18 year olds!

Back to the top

oc irritant said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Nov 19th 2015, 2:31 PM #352137

And I bet they didn't have 5 freshman on defense at the same time or their starting qb AND rb miss significant time.  I know you are not suppose to point out reasons for our reality on here but that is the truth. Oh don't forget 26 freshman on the two deep.  I am sorry.  Just win you 18 year olds!

Posted On: Nov 19th 2015, 5:10 PM #352140

IRR - I agree we're a young team however I feel like that's only half the problem. Obviously coaching being the other. Too many "coachable" issues week after week.

Going off memory here but I want to say Dabo Sweeney (after the ND game) made the comment that Clemson had 40 freshman on the roster. Now that's scary good!

Back to the top