Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-21-15

Add topic

FINAL:

Charlotte 10 at Kentucky 58
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

WKU 63 at FIU 7

:Laughing:
Posted On: Nov 21st 2015, 8:14 PM #352266

It's nice we could be the spoiler this season. I'm sure they counting on a victory over us to go 6-6. The knew they probably would not beat WKU so we had  to be the 6th win. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I'm REALLY surprised by that FIU vs WKU score though. That is a CUSA team vs a CUSA team. Thats the kind of score we generally see when a Sunbelt team plays Texas or Alabama or another ranked team.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I'm REALLY surprised by that FIU vs WKU score though. That is a CUSA team vs a CUSA team. Thats the kind of score we generally see when a Sunbelt team plays Texas or Alabama or another ranked team.

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2015, 12:07 PM #352322

That has all the makings of a team that, for whatever reason, gave up on the season already. Not sure if it is a coaching thing, but they were poised for a bowl game before our game and then seem to have given up on the season completely. The type of losses they have had in back to backs makes me think a change may be neccessary asap.
Back to the top

d-owl said

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2015, 12:07 PM #352322

That has all the makings of a team that, for whatever reason, gave up on the season already. Not sure if it is a coaching thing, but they were poised for a bowl game before our game and then seem to have given up on the season completely. The type of losses they have had in back to backs makes me think a change may be neccessary asap.
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2015, 12:38 PM #352329

It's the power of the Shula Bowl Trophy!! As soon as it was in our possession our players started to improve culminating in an awesome performance in the swamp!!!
Back to the top

After throwing for 322 yards and three touchdowns last Saturday to make Middle Tennessee bowl-eligible, Blue Raiders freshman QB Brent Stockstill has been named the league's Offensive Player of the Week.

The defensive honor went to Florida Atlantic junior DE Trey Hendrickson, who had two sacks, a forced fumble and a blocked a PAT in the Owls' overtime loss at No. 8 Florida.

Special teams recognition went to WKU senior K Garrett Schwettman, who battled a driving rainstorm to connect on nine extra-point attempts in a win at FIU.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league's media.
Back to the top

Did they REALLY give the CUSA Special Teams POW to a kicker because he made 9 extra points?

Wow, CUSA is not near as good as I thought - that is a really LAME POW honor!

And FIU lost by a COMBINED 115-7 the last two games, talk about being NON COMPETITIVE IN CONFERENCE PLAY when a win in EITHER game gets ya to a bowl game GUARANTEED this year - OUCH! That staff needs to be gone IMHO, but let's keep 'em I say! :cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

After throwing for 322 yards and three touchdowns last Saturday to make Middle Tennessee bowl-eligible, Blue Raiders freshman QB Brent Stockstill has been named the league's Offensive Player of the Week.

The defensive honor went to Florida Atlantic junior DE Trey Hendrickson, who had two sacks, a forced fumble and a blocked a PAT in the Owls' overtime loss at No. 8 Florida.

Special teams recognition went to WKU senior K Garrett Schwettman, who battled a driving rainstorm to connect on nine extra-point attempts in a win at FIU.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league's media.

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2015, 2:45 PM #352384

Without the leg of their kicker they would have only scored 54 points.  He was a big part of that game.  I am pretty sure this was the first time a special teams player of the week was given to a guy who did what he was suppose to do make a PAT kick that generally has a near perfect success rate unless you are Florida's kicker.
Back to the top