Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Old Dominion Game Thread - November 28th, 2015

Add topic

DeltAlumnus said

fauowl said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

As long as we are signing 3* players HS recruiting is fine, but I would much rather have a JUCO over a 2* or most all of our NO Star recruits (maybe one other FCS offer or NONE!).
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 3:55 PM #352423

Do you know who else were NO STARS:
Cory Henry
D'joun Smith
Andrea Kirk
Alfred Morris
Lestar Jean
David Hinds
Randell Johnson
Damian Parms
Trey Hendrickson
Reggie Bain

All I'm saying is we've found a few gems out there.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:15 PM #352429

Don't forget about the greatest player in FAU history IMO, Rusty Smith. No one recruited him. One of the few college players to be allowed to call their own plays and change the play call at the line of scrimmage.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:21 PM #352430

Please don't turn this into star rankings aren't important. How large do you think the list is of no star who never got to see the field at FAU is? Yeah there is always going to be diamonds in the rough at every school. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:24 PM #352431

I am not turning this into anything. I am just responding to a list of players that were mentioned and am saying that Rusty Smith is the greatest college player who played at FAU. I don't care if he was 0 stars or 5 stars. He was the best player who ever wore a FAU uniform…so far.
Back to the top

fauowl said

DeltAlumnus said

fauowl said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

As long as we are signing 3* players HS recruiting is fine, but I would much rather have a JUCO over a 2* or most all of our NO Star recruits (maybe one other FCS offer or NONE!).

Cory Henry
D'joun Smith
Andrea Kirk
Alfred Morris
Lestar Jean
David Hinds
Randell Johnson
Damian Parms
Trey Hendrickson
Reggie Bain

Don't forget about the greatest player in FAU history IMO, Rusty Smith. No one recruited him. One of the few college players to be allowed to call their own plays and change the play call at the line of scrimmage.

Please don't turn this into star rankings aren't important. How large do you think the list is of no star who never got to see the field at FAU is? Yeah there is always going to be diamonds in the rough at every school. 

I am not turning this into anything. I am just responding to a list of players that were mentioned and am saying that Rusty Smith is the greatest college player who played at FAU. I don't care if he was 0 stars or 5 stars. He was the best player who ever wore a FAU uniform…so far.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:32 PM #352432

Sorry was referencing more of the post before. I agreed with everything you said 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

fauowl said

DeltAlumnus said

fauowl said

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Cory Henry
D'joun Smith
Andrea Kirk
Alfred Morris
Lestar Jean
David Hinds
Randell Johnson
Damian Parms
Trey Hendrickson
Reggie Bain

Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:32 PM #352432

Sorry was referencing more of the post before. I agreed with everything you said 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:34 PM #352433

:cool:
Back to the top

Personally I like Jared Allen. Was on you team that beat Hawaii at Hawaii. He did more with less. Really upset the locals. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Personally I like Jared Allen. Was on you team that beat Hawaii at Hawaii. He did more with less. Really upset the locals. 
Posted On: Nov 25th 2015, 10:44 PM #352435

Jared Allen was an awesome talent.  Jared was recruited by Oklahoma. Oklahoma ended up taking a guy who eventually won the Heisman, and Jared was left without an offer. Jared's dad knew of Howard because of his days at Oklahoma and knew he was starting a program at FAU. Jared's dad sent Howard a tape of Jared and Howard offered Jared sight unseen.  

The rest is history, and we are lucky to have Jared in our program.  Jared won the NFL Europe Super Bowl. Not many know what a talent he is, and how lucky we are to have him in our system.

I think it would be awesome to have him as the FAU HC down the road.
Back to the top

Jared Allen is my all time favorite Owl.  I would also love to see him get a chance at a higher position with the program.  I could live with the growing pains,  there would be no question in my mind he would give it all he has.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Don't forget about Alfred Morris. Has gotten more playing time in the pros than all others. 
Seems to be having an off year though. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The dolphins should kill to trade for him. The man gained 92 yards on a bruised rib….think about that.

Attitude is as important as talent.
Back to the top

Any idea what local channel this game will be on? 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Any idea what local channel this game will be on? 
Posted On: Nov 26th 2015, 11:31 PM #352441

WTCN (MyTV)
Back to the top
Control functions: