Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Old Dominion Game Thread - November 28th, 2015

Add topic

Rick said

Jack David Whidden III said

Jake said

Can we find a new sport to play as Owls?

Like one where we only play defense?

That would be great.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 3:34 PM #352580

I vote for curling.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 3:36 PM #352581

Guys with really fast brooms!

:Laughing:
Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 3:52 PM #352584

No that requires a forward/gliding/throwing motion.

Im thinking like track and field.

That way we only lose discuss and shot put.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

I did not relax until the clock completly ran out.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Great to see the guys end it with a win I like how Partridge handled the end of that game sticking with Driskel but I sure do miss Greg Hankerson right now!
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Great to see the guys end it with a win I like how Partridge handled the end of that game sticking with Driskel but I sure do miss Greg Hankerson right now!
Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 4:52 PM #352591

Hankerson?

Congrats on the comeback win Owls, that one was slipping away quickly. Gotta find some consistancy in a positive way, we are only consistant in being ral good or real bad on D at any given time. the O, just mostly bad. Still, gotta finish drives Owls, whay can we NOT throw in the endzone for TD's when teams that were bad when we were bad have improved SO MUCH (S. Miss, Memphis, WKU - none of them Power5, all OUR LEVEL!).

So NO recruiting edge, in fact not as good, but being Coached better - figure out the problem Charlie and FIX IT, that is your job.
Back to the top

Idk if y'all saw, but Chuck tweeted out that with this win Charlie became the 2nd in all time wins lol.

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top

Waited till the end of the season to post. The FAU Owls football team is in way better shape then they were four months ago. We played tons of young players . Got them tons of game experience.Found out where our weak areas still are. Found out what direction we need to go in recruiting. We need to sign the two DL that are currently committed. We have never been in such good shape at RB. We have four that are returning and all can play. QB is fine. Sign a couple OL. We need one bad as- WR. A go to guy. A guy that the other team needs  to fear. We have a couple LB's committed. They both have potential. Still like the LB from Atlantic HS. Never   seen a HS LB cover receivers like him.And A couple (3-4) Db's. Punter is great. Kicker is very good. I still believe that the new coaches even learned as the year progressed. They learned that we need to run the ball to set up the pass and not the other way around.. They learned how to use Driskel . (That boy needs to learn some touch and put some air under the ball). I simply believe that next season will be easier to coach because of the knowledge they gained this season. I also am fairly certain , that unless one of the coaches choose to leave for a different job, they will all return. I would be ok with that because I feel the "stupid play"learning curve is over.I would think the coaches should be happy with the quality and number of players . Hopefully we can get our starting center back on the field.Add a few new stars . And at least be bowl eligible next season. That's my worthless opinion.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 4:52 PM #352591

Hankerson?

Congrats on the comeback win Owls, that one was slipping away quickly. Gotta find some consistancy in a positive way, we are only consistant in being ral good or real bad on D at any given time. the O, just mostly bad. Still, gotta finish drives Owls, whay can we NOT throw in the endzone for TD's when teams that were bad when we were bad have improved SO MUCH (S. Miss, Memphis, WKU - none of them Power5, all OUR LEVEL!).

So NO recruiting edge, in fact not as good, but being Coached better - figure out the problem Charlie and FIX IT, that is your job.

Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 5:08 PM #352593

We played Memphis in a bowl game so it's not like they were bad when we played them.  And look at those teams are any of them re-building the way we are?

Back to the top

I didn't watch the game today live.  I am watching it now…

WHAT IN THE WORLD MAKES ANY OF YOU THINK DRISKELL IS GOOD??????  He is not in tune with the offense or the pace of the game.  If he is going to be our starter next year….he has some serious strides to make if we are going to win the expected 8/9 games.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Don't think Driskel will be the starter.

Don't think we are going win 8-9 games.

7-5 would be a great year (2-2 NC, 5-3 C-USA)

6-6 would be expected (2-2 NC, 4-4 C-USA)

Anything less, and Partridge could be done.

Hold the tomatoes.
Back to the top

Jake said

Can we find a new sport to play as Owls?

Like one where we only play defense?

That would be great.
Posted On: Nov 28th 2015, 3:34 PM #352580

1. Kickball should be a college sport.
2. We'd be pretty good at it if it was.

Back to the top
Control functions: