Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Which school would you like to see us schedule for a HOme and home series

Besides Miami and UCF, and I think Navy, what other teams would you like FAU to schedule a home and home series for? 
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Besides Miami and UCF, and I think Navy, what other teams would you like FAU to schedule a home and home series for? 
Posted On: Nov 30th 2015, 11:27 PM #352672

I would like to see Miami again, but believe that will not happen for a long long while. They spent months trying to buy out of this past home game because they have nothing to gain by playing us on the road. We know Florida will never play here. FSU probably will never play us here. So it's UCF, USF, and FIU for the Fla schools. Other than that, I don't think fans get excited to see MAC schools. Maybe some AAC teams like UConn, East Carolina. Some lower end ACC teams like Syracuse, Boston College, or lower end Big 10 teams like Rutgers. Just thinking that teams from the NE may hold some interest to casual fans down here.

For me personally, I will enjoy the Ball State game (especially if we win), and would like to see Indiana and Purdue come to town, but I don't think that would excite many here.
Back to the top

As Mark said, FSU and Florida would and could never play here so other than the obvious other Florida schools maybe we could go after some AAC and lower end ACC schools.  I would love to see the ECU Pirates and Syracuse if I could choose.  I also want another shot at Buffalo at home after we beat them up there.

I also agree there would probably be some local interest in seeing some NE schools, Rutgers, BC.  Might put some butts in the seats.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

I would like to see Miami again, but believe that will not happen for a long long while. They spent months trying to buy out of this past home game because they have nothing to gain by playing us on the road. We know Florida will never play here. FSU probably will never play us here. So it's UCF, USF, and FIU for the Fla schools. Other than that, I don't think fans get excited to see MAC schools. Maybe some AAC teams like UConn, East Carolina. Some lower end ACC teams like Syracuse, Boston College, or lower end Big 10 teams like Rutgers. Just thinking that teams from the NE may hold some interest to casual fans down here.

For me personally, I will enjoy the Ball State game (especially if we win), and would like to see Indiana and Purdue come to town, but I don't think that would excite many here.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 7:43 AM #352674

Nonsense,

"“I haven’t talked to Pat about what makes most sense,” James said on WQAM’s broadcast during Friday’s weather delay. “As long as they’re interested in continuing the series, I’m confident it’s something we’ll be very interested in. We talked about really wanting to own South Florida [in recruiting]. Coming up here to play a game is a win for our program.”

It lets UM do super easy recruiting in North Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Read more here: UM, FAU interested in continuing series beyond next season | Miami Herald
Back to the top

If you wanted schools that might help attendance

1. Florida A&M (people will attend just to watch the band)
  2. Bethune Cookman (same reason) lots of fans in broward county
  3. Penn State offer them a 1-1 (we play a game up there in august or be their homecoming game) they play one down here in early december the following year.
  4. Syracuse is nice for snowbirds

FIU other than tradition doesnt really bring in the fans. We play them anyway as a conference game

UCF and USF are no brainers.

If we want to play UF here we need a larger stadium, they could fill our stadium with just their fans.

Back to the top

I'd like to see us schedule home and home series with Power 5 schools that we can beat. Taking a look at schools that are willing to play at smaller schools:

Vanderbilt - played at WKU.
NC State - played at ODU AND South Alabama. Plus, recruiting in S. Fla helps against UM and FSU.
Cincinnati - played at Miami OH.

Obviously other Florida schools since we compete for recruits, but I'd really like to have a chance to play more beatable power programs. It's great to play marquee programs like UM(?), UF, Aubarn, and Bama, but I'd like play teams that we could realistically beat. I'd be far more excited to beat NC State, than to hang with Miami for a half.

I guess I'm just repeating what Mark said…
Back to the top

voss749 said

If you wanted schools that might help attendance

1. Florida A&M (people will attend just to watch the band)
  2. Bethune Cookman (same reason) lots of fans in broward county

UCF and USF are no brainers.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 11:25 AM #352680

+1
Back to the top

voss749 said

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

Nonsense,

"“I haven’t talked to Pat about what makes most sense,” James said on WQAM’s broadcast during Friday’s weather delay. “As long as they’re interested in continuing the series, I’m confident it’s something we’ll be very interested in. We talked about really wanting to own South Florida [in recruiting]. Coming up here to play a game is a win for our program.”

Read more here: UM, FAU interested in continuing series beyond next season | Miami Herald
Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 11:06 AM #352679

What part of the truth do you consider nonsense?
Back to the top

1.Bama
2.Bama
3.Bama
Back to the top

fauowl said

voss749 said

fauowl said

USMCOWL said

Nonsense,

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 11:06 AM #352679

What part of the truth do you consider nonsense?
The part about UM wanting to buyout the game. I refuted it with a quote from their AD. Playing at sun life costs them money, playing at FAU costs them nothing plus it makes recruiting in palm beach county easier for UM.
Back to the top
Control functions: