Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Which school would you like to see us schedule for a HOme and home series

[

David Slavic said

I'd like to see us schedule home and home series with Power 5 schools that we can beat. Taking a look at schools that are willing to play at smaller schools:

Vanderbilt - played at WKU.
NC State - played at ODU AND South Alabama. Plus, recruiting in S. Fla helps against UM and FSU.
Cincinnati - played at Miami OH.

Obviously other Florida schools since we compete for recruits, but I'd really like to have a chance to play more beatable power programs. It's great to play marquee programs like UM(?), UF, Aubarn, and Bama, but I'd like play teams that we could realistically beat. I'd be far more excited to beat NC State, than to hang with Miami for a half.

I guess I'm just repeating what Mark said…

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 11:39 AM #352681

Vandy has no real appeal

NC state *meh*, FIU got duke, Id like Georgia Tech for a 2-1

Cincinnati is doable for 1-1 especially if we offer them an early december away game warm up for a bowl game.
Back to the top

voss749 said

The part about UM wanting to buyout the game. I refuted it with a quote from their AD. Playing at sun life costs them money, playing at FAU costs them nothing plus it makes recruiting in palm beach county easier for UM.
Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 12:35 PM #352686

The quote written by the "journalist" who couldn't spell our AD's name correctly.  Journalism 101: spell correctly, especially those you are "pretending" to interview.

The article states (not that it is true either) we are booked until 2021. Like I stated, I don't think UM is coming here for a long long time.

Back in the day when the Gators stopped wanting to play the Canes and that series ended, the Gators always claimed they wanted to play the Canes.

I would question an AD who would say they would rather play in our stadium because their home stadium is too expensive.  But…if it is on the internet…it must be true. I would also question how difficult is it for UM to recruit in Palm Beach County.  He needs our stadium and our game to help UM…okay.

He may have very well have said all of it, but I would sincerely hope he doesn't believe it.
Back to the top

voss749 said

The part about UM wanting to buyout the game. I refuted it with a quote from their AD. Playing at sun life costs them money, playing at FAU costs them nothing plus it makes recruiting in palm beach county easier for UM.

I heard the same thing.  UM was trying to buyout of the game since February.  We said no way.  UM had nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing that game.

Back to the top

voss749 said

He may have said that after the fact when we would not allow them,  but they 100% tried to get out of it initially.

This is from an inside source at FAU.
Back to the top

I'd give UF 20 games at Ben Griffin for 1 in Boca, same with FSU.  but realistically Rutgers, Duke, BC (both), FAMU, UCF, USF
Back to the top

owlmart said

I'd give UF 20 games at Ben Griffin for 1 in Boca
Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 1:25 PM #352692

I doubt coach McElwain will ever consider playing us again after the scare we gave them 2 weeks ago.
Back to the top

UF hasn't play a non conference away game other then UM OR FSU in almost 30 years.
The last time UF played a non conference game out of the state of Florida was at Syracuse in like 1990.  
Back to the top

voss749 said

[

David Slavic said

I'd like to see us schedule home and home series with Power 5 schools that we can beat. Taking a look at schools that are willing to play at smaller schools:

Vanderbilt - played at WKU.
NC State - played at ODU AND South Alabama. Plus, recruiting in S. Fla helps against UM and FSU.
Cincinnati - played at Miami OH.

Obviously other Florida schools since we compete for recruits, but I'd really like to have a chance to play more beatable power programs. It's great to play marquee programs like UM(?), UF, Aubarn, and Bama, but I'd like play teams that we could realistically beat. I'd be far more excited to beat NC State, than to hang with Miami for a half.

I guess I'm just repeating what Mark said…

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 11:39 AM #352681

Vandy has no real appeal

NC state *meh*, FIU got duke, Id like Georgia Tech for a 2-1

Cincinnati is doable for 1-1 especially if we offer them an early december away game warm up for a bowl game.

Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 12:43 PM #352687

I agree about Vandy, etc., but GT doesn't play at schools like us. I say NC State because they're the type of school we could be if we play well, and they played away games. Bama, etc., will never come to Boca. If they wanted to come play in South Florida, they'd go to UM. I'd like to play fewer bodybag games (which we we're doing), and more games that we can win.

I'm just looking at schools from P5 conferences that travel, that we could beat. I think wins over P5 teams goes a long way towards recruiting, more than almost hanging with UM for a half.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

UF hasn't play a non conference away game other then UM OR FSU in almost 30 years.
The last time UF played a non conference game out of the state of Florida was at Syracuse in like 1990.  
Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 1:42 PM #352696

+1
Back to the top

Rick said

voss749 said

He may have said that after the fact when we would not allow them,  but they 100% tried to get out of it initially.

This is from an inside source at FAU.
Posted On: Dec 1st 2015, 1:24 PM #352691

Rick Ill take your word for it. I can imagine them panicking initially but as the game drew closer I think their AD must have had a change of heart plus they must have realized there was no way it was gonna happen anyway.  A sold out FAU stadium looks a LOT better on TV than a half empty Sun life. Also playing at our stadium cost them nothing other than a bus to bring them here. They have to use a bus to get to sun life anyway.

Back to the top
Control functions: