Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hello Ladies and Gents

Greetings from a Saluki. I just joined this board to start some discussion, albeit a very early discussion, on our tilt to open the 2016 season. I watched y'all almost upset Florida. I despise Florida athletics so I was pulling hard for you guys! Shame they couldn't pull it off, but hell of an effort.

A quick run down on our squad (you may know some/all of this info). We play at the FCS level in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, which is known to be one of if not the toughest conference among the FCS conferences. North Dakota State has won 4 national titles in a row. We have numerous top seeds in the FCS playoffs this year. At the FCS level, football doesn't get much better than the football played in our conference. We just fired our head coach after a 3-8 season. Before our last two games, we were 3-6 but the 6 losses were by I believe a combined 18/19 points. Lots of games where the defense gave up a lead late to lose the game. Our All-Conference QB who broke a ton of records graduates this month. We'll be heading into Boca with a new coach and a QB with pretty much no experience whatsoever. Depending on who the new coach is, I'm not sure what the offense will look like. Last year we implemented a fast-paced spread and put up a bunch of points. On defense we played a 3-4, and got torched pretty much every week. We'll see how the coaching search goes and what kind of systems are put in place on offense and defense.

I'll be making the trip down for this game. I've never been to south Florida before. I was thinking of flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying at a hotel there for my stay. Any recommendations on hotels? Things to do in the area? I'll be renting a car so I can get out and explore, probably head to Miami as well. But yea any hotel recommendations and which area to stay in would be appreciated. It being Labor Day weekend I'd like to get my trip booked asap.

Thanks for any recommendations/tips on making my trip a good one. May the best team win. Have a happy and safe holiday!
Back to the top

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum!

😊
Back to the top

Stay out of Miami that weekend.  Goto Delray, Atlantic Avenue. Enjoy your weekend.
Back to the top

Welcome and search for a thread of things to do and where to stay, many options in the Boca area for hotels, food and things to do.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach real nice and not too expensive, right on the beach!
Back to the top
Control functions: