Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Offensive Coordinator Search to Replace Wright

A bit of odd timing but I think Charlie did this as a good gesture. They probably both knew he was leaving and both knew that Wright was interviewing for the Montana St. job. It's pretty hard to make yourself seem like a good candidate after just getting canned a few days before the interview.

I wish BW the best, he seems like a good person and he really kickstarted the team playing for pride in their school. He just wasn't the right fit here and I'm sure he'll land someplace.

Now I'm curious to see who we'll bring in and what type of offense we'll run. I have a feeling it's more pro-style since all of our QBs ran that in h/s.
Back to the top

Just throwing out a name, Kerwin Bell. He was let go as HC from Jacksonville University last week. Bell wanted the program to become a scholarship program at the FCS level, but the university wanted to remain a non-scholarship FCS. He won multiple conference titles, and ran a good offense. I played under him his first year at JU, and I thought he had ego issues. Although I do think he can coach offense pretty well.
Back to the top

A guy named Kerwin Bell used to play baseball for us - guy was lightning fast!
Back to the top

Think we ca do much better - JU scored 30 a game and 411 yds,. a game in a weak FCS Conference
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Think we ca do much better - JU scored 30 a game and 411 yds,. a game in a weak FCS Conference
Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 2:58 PM #352884

The guy can recruit Florida, and has developed QBs. Plus he can take over the whole offense with his HC experience. I think those numbers are pretty good if you ask me. He won at a place that is not easy to win at. 

Probably a long shot candidate anyway. He was a finalist to be Muschamps OC at Flordia and could be once again for the gamecocks 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 2:58 PM #352884

The guy can recruit Florida, and has developed QBs. Plus he can take over the whole offense with his HC experience. I think those numbers are pretty good if you ask me. He won at a place that is not easy to win at. 

Probably a long shot candidate anyway. He was a finalist to be Muschamps OC at Flordia and could be once again for the gamecocks 
Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 3:32 PM #352886

This guys sounds legit. We should let OC40 run a proper background check on this guy if he is to be considered for this job. Otherwise we're gonna end up with a thread like this a year from now.  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I'm going to throw a name out of someone I have tons of respect for . Danny Barrett. Born and raised in Boynton. Great college QB. Long pro career in Canada. HC in Canada. Most recent, UCF interim HC. Granted , zero success this year, but he had almost nothing to do with it. Great QB coach. Great offensive mind. Super nice guy with S.Fla. ties. Probably no chance. But guys like him are out there.
Back to the top

Theres always Jim Pry, OC for bethune cookman, a very good uptempo offense
Back to the top

voss749 said

Theres always Jim Pry, OC for bethune cookman, a very good uptempo offense

Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 8:10 PM #352893

I don't think Charlie wants an uptempo offense.

Back to the top

Maybe not up tempo but we need a spread based offense. We have too many athletes not to and i dont think this O isn't built for a pro style offense
Back to the top
Control functions: