Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 Boca Raton Bowl Discussion Thread

Add topic

Yahoo Sports has ranked the Boca Raton Bowl as the 10th best Bowl match up this year. not bad out of 40:

10. Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 22, Boca Raton, Florida) – Temple (10-3) vs. Toledo (9-2)

Both of these teams had great seasons, but fell short of winning their respective conferences. Toledo had a chance to win its division in the season finale and then lost head coach Matt Campbell to Iowa State. Meanwhile, Temple (which can reach 11 wins for the first time in program history) dropped the AAC title game to Houston. Nonetheless, these are two of the best Group of Five teams in the country. We’re looking forward to this one.

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Too bad CUSA AND FAU had such a down year. only have 5 Bowl Eligble teams in a year the MAC and Montain West each have EIGHT!

This was a year ALL 6-6 teams got to go bowling! So this is gonna hurt CUSA and FAU in the pocketbook, much less bowl $$$ coming than should have been.

All the more reason Coach P is correct in making the change on O. With a good hire here we start winning more both on the field and in recruiting and in selling seats! A bad hire and Coach P will be gone in two years. MUCH rather have him hired away than fired, don't ya agree!

Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 3:05 PM #352885

Well it was kind of our fault, we took FIU, and Old dominion out of bowl contention. 
Back to the top

fauowl said

Yahoo Sports has ranked the Boca Raton Bowl as the 10th best Bowl match up this year. not bad out of 40:

10. Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 22, Boca Raton, Florida) – Temple (10-3) vs. Toledo (9-2)

Both of these teams had great seasons, but fell short of winning their respective conferences. Toledo had a chance to win its division in the season finale and then lost head coach Matt Campbell to Iowa State. Meanwhile, Temple (which can reach 11 wins for the first time in program history) dropped the AAC title game to Houston. Nonetheless, these are two of the best Group of Five teams in the country. We’re looking forward to this one.

Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 10:09 PM #352901

I have gone to some of the message boards. Temple fans are a little bitter about being selected to play in our bowl game, while Toledo fans seemed to be excited.
Back to the top

fauowl said

I agree Mark, the more I realized the year these two teams have had the more excited I am to go to the game.  They might not be big name draws but they are both good teams.  

Go Owls! (Temple)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

fauowl said

10. Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 22, Boca Raton, Florida) – Temple (10-3) vs. Toledo (9-2) Both of these teams had great seasons, but fell short of winning their respective conferences. Toledo had a chance to win its division in the season finale and then lost head coach Matt Campbell to Iowa State. Meanwhile, Temple (which can reach 11 wins for the first time in program history) dropped the AAC title game to Houston. Nonetheless, these are two of the best Group of Five teams in the country. We’re looking forward to this one.

I have gone to some of the message boards. Temple fans are a little bitter about being selected to play in our bowl game, while Toledo fans seemed to be excited.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2015, 11:21 PM #352904

PHILLY DISEASE - THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LUV - NOT!
Back to the top

I hope for nothing more then for every FAU program to have success. On another subject, has anyone received their Boca Bowl Tickets yet?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I hope for nothing more then for every FAU program to have success. On another subject, has anyone received their Boca Bowl Tickets yet?
Posted On: Dec 13th 2015, 3:02 PM #353094

Nope.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

On another subject, has anyone received their Boca Bowl Tickets yet?
Posted On: Dec 13th 2015, 3:02 PM #353094

Just had my Boca Bowl tickets delivered via UPS…
Back to the top

are these the ones you bought or as a ticket holder, am i getting some too.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

are these the ones you bought or as a ticket holder, am i getting some too.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2015, 12:46 PM #353112

These are the ones I bought as a season ticket holder.
Back to the top
Control functions: