Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shooting at University Park

Add topic

Ughh

"Police said one person was shot and officers are searching for the suspects. There's no word on the victim's condition."

Story here

Hope everyone's okay and they catch the suspect.

Unfortunately...

This is definitely going to come up in future City Council meetings when we try to approve more student housing/anything. Not good.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Ughh

"Police said one person was shot and officers are searching for the suspects. There's no word on the victim's condition."

Story here

Unfortunately...

This is definitely going to come up in future City Council meetings when we try to approve more student housing/anything. Not good.
Posted On: Dec 29th 2015, 10:12 PM #353447

Wow. Hope everyone is okay.  

Hope they have information soon as some of us work across the street and don't really want to open up until they figure out what the motive may be…and certainly don't want to draw customers to the area until there is more info.
Back to the top

The victim has passed away 
Back to the top

Damn. The family is going to be devastated.
Back to the top

prayers and thoughts to the victim and his family.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owl2Doc said

Ughh

Story here

Unfortunately...

Posted On: Dec 29th 2015, 10:12 PM #353447

Wow. Hope everyone is okay.  

Hope they have information soon as some of us work across the street and don't really want to open up until they figure out what the motive may be…and certainly don't want to draw customers to the area until there is more info.
Posted On: Dec 29th 2015, 10:34 PM #353448

Id call Boca PD. The news this morning had the Cheif saying this as a personal matter and not a random act, but they were still investigating.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

Id call Boca PD. The news this morning had the Cheif saying this as a personal matter and not a random act, but they were still investigating.
Posted On: Dec 30th 2015, 8:20 AM #353454

I feel safe enough to open today. Does not sound random. Five guys going into an apartment complex and shooting one person is targeting. Tragedy.  I feel bad for UPark. They are good people over there. Not sure if they could have prevented it, but that cannot be good for renewals.
Back to the top

The word on the Street (from people who seem to know) is the kid was "dealing." I am not the media and this is just hearsay, so take it for what it's worth.
Back to the top

Yeah, that's what I immediately thought…that neighborhood isn't the "cleanest" overall…there's some riff raff close by, which is something they will have to tend to over time to transform the area in entirety.
Back to the top

fauowl said

The word on the Street (from people who seem to know) is the kid was "dealing." I am not the media and this is just hearsay, so take it for what it's worth.
Posted On: Dec 30th 2015, 10:34 AM #353457

No shock there
Back to the top
Control functions: