Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Homestead LB Rashad Smith Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Rashad Smith
LB
6-1, 185
Homestead, FL
Homestead

Class of 2016

Rashad Smith - Hudl

Back to the top

This will be happening with a number of our guys…time to start defending the turf.

"I committed to FAU a while back…I chose FAU because of the excitement at the time, but they have a nice campus, it's in an area of surroundings, and it's close to home. Syracuse is a business decision."

"I'm committed, but very interested in Syracuse".
Back to the top

That is part of our coach's job. There is a Seinfeld episode where the premise is " it is easy to take the reservation, but the important part is keeping the reservation". Same with recruiting.It is easy to get a high school kid to get all excited about getting a D-1 offer. Keeping him excited is where a good coach come in.
Back to the top

247 has FAU with some recruiting predictions. Smith flipping. The Flanigan QB flipping from Acron to us. And QB Frank predicted not to go with us. Antione Webster is just about for sure gone. Our commitment list will look quite different in a couple of weeks.
Back to the top

We should consider canceling the season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

247 has FAU with some recruiting predictions. Smith flipping. The Flanigan QB flipping from Acron to us. And QB Frank predicted not to go with us. Antione Webster is just about for sure gone. Our commitment list will look quite different in a couple of weeks.
Posted On: Jan 13th 2016, 8:11 PM #353716

Webster has been gone:

American Athlete Antione Webster Commits to FAU Football - FAU Owl's Nest

Kato Nelson (Akron commit) just confirmed that he will be in this weekend for an official visit. FAU just offered.

If Franks is wavering, he does not know about it: "I haven't heard about that rumor".
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I personally never pay attention to that.

From what I've seen, the 247 recruiting journalists tend to predict that the recruit will go to the biggest name offer they get regardless of what they've said.
Back to the top

I agree with the fact that journalists will report what they think instead of what is fact. 247 does have the habit of doing what Doc said. If a big boy offers, they assume the recruit will take it. I do read recruiting web sites. I follow two schools. But 247 has reported or predicted some moves. Frank's reaction is great. It must be crazy to hear people talk about "what your thinking about doing", when you don't know anything about it.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Frank's reaction is great. It must be crazy to hear people talk about "what your thinking about doing", when you don't know anything about it.
Posted On: Jan 14th 2016, 5:51 AM #353721

…and along those lines…

From the recruiting event last night–

Everyone said Ocie Rose flipped on signing day from FIU to FAU.  He said he knew for a while he did not want to go to FIU. He just kept it to himself (& family) because there were other teams he was considering (Louisville & FAU).  

On why he chose FAU: because I love Coach Partridge like he's my father, and my parent's love him too.

Good stuff!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Local Owl said

I personally never pay attention to that.

From what I've seen, the 247 recruiting journalists tend to predict that the recruit will go to the biggest name offer they get regardless of what they've said.

Posted On: Jan 13th 2016, 11:56 PM #353720

Yea this couldn't be more wrong.
The Iowa state prediction was from before came and visited here and they just never updated.

You guys always hate on the websites when they don't rank us well or predict against us.
I remember when we had a bottom 5 class under Howard the last three years and it was "stars don't matter''
''Howard knows more than those reporters'' ''Diamonds in the rough'' well then Howard went 10-26 those last three years ,so the website proved its worth.

I don understand why we would two QB's now we will have 4 QB's who are Redshirt sophomores and below if we do. I also do not think Kato is that great Flanigan didn't put up big points and their D carried them at times.
He reminds me a lot of Hankerson he's 6'0 and a 175.
Back to the top
Control functions: