Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hinsdale, Illinois OL Doug Kramer Commits to #FAUSuper16

Add topic

Doug Kramer
OL
6-3, 275
Hinsdale Central High School
Hinsdale, IL

Chose the Owls over Army, Ball State, and Bowling Green. "What makes Doug so special is the athleticism he has for a guy of his size," said Kramer's high school coach Dan Hartman. "He ran a 4.9 40-yard dash and jumped 30 inches in the vertical at 6-3, 275. The athleticism really helps him in pass protection."

Doug Kramer - Hudl
Back to the top

Not one I had pegged for departure, but is now gone and off to Illinois:

Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Jan 15th 2016, 8:31 PM #353798

Wow. FAU or Big10? What can you say. The guy is from Illinois. You can't compete with that.

I spoke to his dad after he committed to us (he called me & wanted gear for about 30 people), and he was so excited.  I am sure he is very excited now as well.

It shows the quality of recruit who is looking at our program!
Back to the top

Who are you guys going to fire?  Heads should roll in my opinion.
Back to the top

How many "Stars" was Kramer when he committed to us?
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Jan 15th 2016, 8:31 PM #353798

Wow. FAU or Big10? What can you say. The guy is from Illinois. You can't compete with that.

I spoke to his dad after he committed to us (he called me & wanted gear for about 30 people), and he was so excited.  I am sure he is very excited now as well.

It shows the quality of recruit who is looking at our program!
Posted On: Jan 15th 2016, 8:41 PM #353799

I agree there Mark - at least we are losing commits to the Big10 (Illinois for a kid FROM Illnois!) and not Eastern Michigan now! Good luck to ya Doug!
Back to the top

Doug was a two star when we recruited him. Yet a big ten team snatched him up. Goes to show you how good of a job our coaches are at recognizing talent. Good luck to Doug and I hope he tears it up in the B10. Now that leaves a spot to fill.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Doug was a two star when we recruited him. Yet a big ten team snatched him up. Goes to show you how good of a job our coaches are at recognizing talent. Good luck to Doug and I hope he tears it up in the B10. Now that leaves a spot to fill.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2016, 8:00 AM #353806

+1

And Kudos to Doug & his family for showing us some respect by telling us a couple weeks before signing day, instead of creating a spectacle and flipping on signing day.  
Back to the top

The star system proces when teams continue recruit at the top of the their conference that where they usually finish.
Yes their are outliers, but the system does a good job.
It almost like you guys forgot that we had our highest rated class ever then we get the greatest impact from freshmen FAU has ever had.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 16th 2016, 8:00 AM #353806

He was no stars on 247 (still no stars), Rivals, and ESPN. Had no Scout profile.  He was awarded 2 stars on Rivals after he pledged to FAU..

But agree this is probably a dream come true for him, wish him well.
Back to the top
Control functions: