Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Atlantic LB Chanler Ferguson Commits to #FAUSuper16

Add topic

Chanler Ferguson
LB
5-11, 225
Atlantic High School
Delray Beach, FL

Conglomerate 2* prospect who chose the Owls over MTSU, Western Kentucky, Akron, Toledo, and others. Ranked 45th best prospect in South Florida (Palm Beach and Broward counties) by the Sun Sentinel. Registered 120 tackles, eight interceptions and 5.5 sacks in junior season.

Chanler Ferguson - Hudl
Back to the top

The best in the area. I know a lot about him. His coach, who was a big time LB  "back in the day" said he is the best cover MLB he has coached. Good day for Coach Roc.
Back to the top

Really nice to see FAU getting a couple great PB County kids. Brown and Ferguson will make great additions to the team. I am particularly happy that FAU FINALLY tapped into one of South Florida's biggest producers of D-1 talent. Atlantic HS. It took a while for the Chad Ward hurt to go away. The new HC there only wants to see his kids succeed. No grudges.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The best in the area. I know a lot about him. His coach, who was a big time LB  "back in the day" said he is the best cover MLB he has coached. Good day for Coach Roc.
Posted On: Jan 18th 2016, 3:22 PM #353881

Good stuff!

To me, this is the kind of stuff I value. To hear from someone who has actually seen the kid play and has some knowledge of the situation instead of a guy working from home in Missouri deciding the guy is 2 stars.
Back to the top

Welcome Chanler, good choice!
Back to the top

Good to see the us get an Atlantic recruit and the bridge isn't burnt
Back to the top

Now we need a deep threat WR
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 19th 2016, 5:53 AM #353892

This isn't  the NFL draft where someone would think "hey we didn't have deep threat last year so lets go get one''
With recruiting the projections of what type of player they will be are farther down the line.
We have 1 WR entering his senior year next year and I do not think he is a scholarship  player.
It is very unlikely we take another WR when we seemed to be stacked at WR and 2 more coming this year.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 19th 2016, 5:53 AM #353892

This isn't  the NFL draft where someone would think "hey we didn't have deep threat last year so lets go get one''
With recruiting the projections of what type of player they will be are farther down the line.
We have 1 WR entering his senior year next year and I do not think he is a scholarship  player.
It is very unlikely we take another WR when we seemed to be stacked at WR and 2 more coming this year.
Posted On: Jan 19th 2016, 10:20 AM #353893

I agree.  You have to look 2-3 years in the future when it comes to recruiting.
Back to the top
Control functions: