Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Visitors for Weekend of January 22nd, 2016

Add topic

FAU Football Visitors for Weekend of January 22nd, 2016

With 16 prospects pledged to the upcoming class the Owls will have four visitors in for the second to last weekend before signing day. Flipping will once again be a focal point for two attendees who are committed to other programs. Below are the current prospects and commits scheduled to be in Boca this weekend. This listing is subject to change, and if it does will be updated accordingly.

Devin Singletary - 5-9, 195 lbs Conglomerate 2* running back prospect from American Heritage High School in Delray Beach, FL who is currently pledged to Illinois. Holds offers from Miami, Florida State, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky and others. Camped at FAU on June 12th, 2015. Member of the Palm Beach Post's "Super 11", and named the Sun Sentinel's Class 1A-5A Player of the Year after totaling more than 1,700 yards and 17 touchdowns in his senior campaign. Goes by the nick name "Motor". Video Highlights: Devin "Motor" Singletary - Hudl

Harrison Bryant - 6-5, 225 lbs tight end out of Milledgeville, GA. Currently committed to Samford, former program of current offensive coordinator Travis Trickett, but also holds an FAU offer. Squats 420 lbs with a 26" vertical. Maintains a 4.0 GPA and is a member of the National Honor Society.  Named the 2014-2015 Male Athlete of the Year at John Milledge Academy as well as All State in football. Video Highlights: harrison bryant - Hudl

Leighton McCarthy - 6-3, 200 lbs linebacker out of Wekiva High School in Apopka, FL. Holds offers from USF and Idaho in addition to the Owls as well. Two sport athlete who also plays basketball. Projects as a defensive end for FAU. Posted 20 sacks and 49 tackles in his junior year. Video Highlights: Leighton McCarthy - Hudl

2016 Commit & Corresponding Owl's Nest Page

Chanler Ferguson LB  - Atlantic LB Chanler Ferguson Commits to #FAUSuper16 - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Singletary has 1700 yards and offers from Miami and FSU but is only 2 stars? Weird.
Back to the top

Singletary makes it look easy, quick feet and pretty good speed. best though, he sees the blocking and field very well!

Bryant is impressive to  me, a good pass catching TE oit of HS who plass a pretty darn good DE too. And even takes a few direct snaps to run or pass, nice player you can do lots with!

McCarthy decent in pass rush too.
Back to the top

I know none of us know, but what position do you think the coaches are still looking to fill ?
Given our current commitments and assuming all will stick .Actually kind of a difficult guess. That is a good thing.
Back to the top

A top filght (3* MINIMUM) WR or DT IMHO!
Back to the top

I'm with you Ga.owl. WR or another lineman (O or D).
Back to the top

Rick said

Leighton McCarthy - 6-3, 200 lbs linebacker out of Wekiva High School in Apopka, FL.
Posted On: Jan 22nd 2016, 10:32 AM #353925

McCarthy just pledged:

Wekiva LB Leighton McCarthy Commits to #FAUSuper16 - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Rick said

Harrison Bryant - 6-5, 225 lbs tight end out of Milledgeville, GA. Currently committed to Samford, former program of current offensive coordinator Travis Trickett, but also holds an FAU offer.

Bryant just flipped to FAU:

John Milledge Academy TE Harrison Bryant Commits to #FAUSuper16 - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Rick said

Rick said

Harrison Bryant - 6-5, 225 lbs tight end out of Milledgeville, GA. Currently committed to Samford, former program of current offensive coordinator Travis Trickett, but also holds an FAU offer.

Bryant just flipped to FAU:

John Milledge Academy TE Harrison Bryant Commits to #FAUSuper16 - FAU Owl's Nest

Posted On: Jan 24th 2016, 5:46 PM #353970

Wooooo flipping FCS talent!!!
Back to the top

I don't know anything about this young man. But what I do know is a team with a big, tall, fast, versatile TE with good hands, causes more problems for a DC then almost every other player on offense. It happens at every level, high school through the pros. I am betting that Travis knows a thing or two about this kid.Gotta love his size.
Back to the top
Control functions: