Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU 2016 Class - Sun Sentinel Article

Add topic

FAU set to haul in best recruiting class under Charlie Partridge - Sun Sentinel

Interesting article on the points Tom Lemming makes.

Not sure this class is set to be better than last years.  We have lost a few big defensive flips in my opinion.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

FAU set to haul in best recruiting class under Charlie Partridge - Sun Sentinel

Interesting article on the points Tom Lemming makes.

Not sure this class is set to be better than last years.  We have lost a few big defensive flips in my opinion.  
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 7:46 PM #354226

We have a good incoming class. but it doesn't beat last year"s, just my opinion.
Back to the top

@Walty…in every recruiting class , you hope to have a handful of signees that are locks to be good players. I think we will have that. A couple real good OLmen and DLmen (I'm big on having solid lines). I know one of the LB's won't disappoint. The DB from Royal Palm is great. And I am sure the rest are very good. The key is to not let one position get so lean that it becomes a problem. When Coach Carl took over, the team was very lean. Problems all over the field. I know we have 6-7 players that will develop into very good D-1 players. Walton may be the best. I have heard great things about him. Never seen him,but others are impressed. It looks like the coaches will get a nice variety of players and every position restocked. Charlie hasn't gotten that big name guy yet. But we need some wins and a bowl for that to happen.
Back to the top

247 "Numbers" are extremely close for this year vs last based on the ratings alone…

2016: .7997

2015: .8031

2014: .7675

2013: .7894

Of major note, Lucky Whitehead (2013) was 2*!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

I believe every class in the history of FAU has been called their best class in history. I believe every class in the history of Alabama has been called their best class in history. I believe every class in the history of Florida has been called their best class in history.

Recruiting season is marketing genius!
Back to the top

Well fauowl, what does your recruiting service think. Btw, 247 is predicting the Delray RB to flip from Illinois to FAU. Just posted.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Well fauowl, what does your recruiting service think. Btw, 247 is predicting the Delray RB to flip from Illinois to FAU. Just posted.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 8:51 PM #354233

Currently we have us ranked as the #9 recruiting class in the country!!!! If the guy flips from Illinois to FAU, we will move us up to #5. Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Niiiiiiiiiiiice !
Back to the top

fauowl said

I believe every class in the history of FAU has been called their best class in history.
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 8:39 PM #354232

:Laughing:

Classic!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I believe every class in the history of FAU has been called their best class in history. I believe every class in the history of Alabama has been called their best class in history. I believe every class in the history of Florida has been called their best class in history.

Recruiting season is marketing genius!
Posted On: Jan 31st 2016, 8:39 PM #354232

Agree.  I thought Tom Lemming's quotes were interesting.  From what I know he is very involved in the recruiting circles.  Interesting to hear his take on FAU and how he is contstantly hearing our name from prospects.  Good to hear.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: