Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU AD Pat Chun Interviews at Illinois

Add topic

FAU AD Pat Chun Interviews at Illinois

Back to the top

Unless this is just a negotiating ploy for his contract, this is not a good sign regarding athletics and in particular the football training/student center. Just my thinking.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Unless this is just a negotiating ploy for his contract, this is not a good sign regarding athletics and in particular the football training/student center. Just my thinking.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2016, 8:44 AM #354388

I don't know. I could be way off, but it seems like The Coach and Dr. Kelly have done more to push the facilities than Chun. And I think Dr. Kelly would do a really good job in hiring an athletic director.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

I don't know. I could be way off, but it seems like The Coach and Dr. Kelly have done more to push the facilities than Chun. And I think Dr. Kelly would do a really good job in hiring an athletic director.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2016, 8:53 AM #354390

100% agree with ya again David. Even though Chun's strength was in finances at The OSU.
Back to the top

Lets be real what has Chun Accomplished here??
No naming rights?
Poor on the field performances.
Half funded complex in which they just went to the old well a got money from people have been donating for years.
I think football going to have a good year,  Chun just has been blah.
Back to the top

Bigger programs don

GeorgiaOwl said

I think you are reading too much into this…and really, it's more likely the opposite.  Bigger programs don't tend to interview candidates from smaller ones that are failing.  It's a good sign for the department that Chun is being recognized for the good work being done here.  It's better to have your people in demand than not wanted at all.  Hope he sticks around longer though.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I think you are reading too much into this…
Posted On: Feb 4th 2016, 9:22 AM #354395

He's not, and it's not a negotiation tactic.
Back to the top

Its a step up in his career. Can't blame anyone for doing that.

I think the Jury is still out if Pat leaves. I will say that the one thing I am MOST dissapointed in is that naming rights for the stadium still are not done.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

I think the Jury is still out if Pat leaves.
Posted On: Feb 4th 2016, 9:41 AM #354397

Assume you mean voluntarily, correct?

Back to the top

I'm alright with Chun leaving. Maybe it's just me, but he never seemed to have the same enthusiasm for the program that Kelly and CP do. Kind of hard to blame him, since he's the one who had to ride out the Pelini and Saunders debacles
Back to the top
Control functions: