Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Future FAU Football Schedules

2016 & Future Football Schedules - Owl's Nest
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Ohio State in 2019…..lame. thanks Chun
Let's put together some other good home games
Other then Buffalo and Ball State.

Posted On: Aug 25th 2015, 1:39 PM #347507

Anytime we play big time schools its good for media exposure but Id rather play Florida State, Ole Miss or Georgia
which would be 1000x better for RECRUITING. I hope at least we got a big paycheck out of this one. 
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

walty12 said

Great news, we should play UCF and USF every year IMO.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2015, 8:15 AM #347403

By 2018, we would have played against every single FBS school in FL except FSU (  :Vomit:  )
We should add them to our 2021 calendar.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2015, 9:34 AM #347407

We have played UM, UF, UCF, USF, Bethune, Florida A&M. Other than Stetson and Florida Tech weve played everyone in the state except FSU. We cant play Stetson in a bowl eligible game because they dont award scholarships and Florida Tech is division II.

I dont know what argument FSU can make against scheduling us since they have played Florida A&M and charleston southern which are FCS programs.

They cannot say "they arent good enough" if BCS quality teams like Alabama, Auburn and national champion Ohio State are willing to schedule us.

Back to the top

It will be interesting to see how scheduling goes over the next decade. With the college football playoff format currently at four teams, if you are from the any conference but the Big 10, SEC or Pac 12, I think you have to schedule UP on your non-conference games to make your strength of schedule tougher. The Big 12 has had some good seasons and hopefully they are consistent with their ranked teams staying ranked. But what benefit does … let's say Florida State have … with scheduling an FAU, FIU, etc. … when it can schedule … let's say … an Arkansas, Tennessee, or other mid-ground or low-level SEC or Big 10 school … get the win … and have a better strength of schedule.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

It will be interesting to see how scheduling goes over the next decade. With the college football playoff format currently at four teams, if you are from the any conference but the Big 10, SEC or Pac 12, I think you have to schedule UP on your non-conference games to make your strength of schedule tougher. The Big 12 has had some good seasons and hopefully they are consistent with their ranked teams staying ranked. But what benefit does … let's say Florida State have … with scheduling an FAU, FIU, etc. … when it can schedule … let's say … an Arkansas, Tennessee, or other mid-ground or low-level SEC or Big 10 school … get the win … and have a better strength of schedule.

Posted On: Aug 26th 2015, 1:18 PM #347550

I have absolutely have no problem with them scheduling better teams or even historic rivalries and HBCU but
when FSU schedules teams liks Samford,Charleston southern, Savannah State, Murray State but not schools like FAU or FIU ya gotta wonder.

If the ACC decided to stop scheduling FCS teams  like the big ten did (Ohio State) then im sure FSU would have to offer more slots.  
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Posted On: Aug 26th 2015, 1:18 PM #347550
Yea, will be interesting to see.  If it stays at 4 teams getting in…I dont see it changing too drastically.

However, if they expand the playoff to 8 teams or even 16…I think things will drastically change.  It wont be about going undefeated anymore, it will be more about SOS.  

Not sure if that is good for college football or not?  It sets up bigger OOC games, but it takes revenue away from lower level FBS teams and start ups such as FAU.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Nice…the Owls only leave South Florida 4 times next season.  
Back to the top

2014 & Future Football Schedules

FAU will play CMU in Boca 2019 and return the trip to Mount Pleasant.
Nothing like a 1-1 with a Mac school……………….
Back to the top

Updated Future Schedules

Back to the top
Control functions: