Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Offseason Discussion

I see 2016 as a turning point for FAU Football.  It's has taken this much time to recover from the Pellini era, but Coach Partridge needs to be commended for it building back, the right way,  with a real vision for the future.

Here are just a few thoughts on where we need to  improve…

1. Red Zone offense.  (if we fix that, disregard anything listed below!)

2. Turnovers. You can't win if you give it away.

3. Defense has to get off the field on 3rd down.

4. Consistency from the QB

5.  12 o'clock starts….

On the positive side

1.  Running game

2.  D-Line/Front 7

3.  Special Teams (please though, no more "pooching" the kickoff).

The Talent and coaching staff are capable of beating ANY TEAM on the 2016 schedule.
Back to the top

i was scrolling through the facebook feed of the account the wife and i share and i saw that trey rodriguez may be leaving. does anyone have any confirmation of this.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

i was scrolling through the facebook feed of the account the wife and i share and i saw that trey rodriguez may be leaving. does anyone have any confirmation of this.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2016, 12:20 PM #354532
I heard about this a couple days ago.
People are not 100 percent sure yet, but it doesn't  look very good.
From what I know he is in Daytona as we speak.
Back to the top

Confirm that someone may do something? No…

:Winking:

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

if you read the same thing I read, sounds like continued off the field issues.  Sad, hope he gets it together, not just football but whatever it is that he is dealing with.  

BTW, Matt C, great post.  I think the majority can agree with you on that!
Back to the top

Rick said

Confirm that someone may do something? No…

:Winking:

Posted On: Feb 10th 2016, 12:48 PM #354534

thanks rick, i just wanted to bring that up because i saw it and i didnt know if i missed something. lol.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

He will become the Stephan Moody of the football team.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

USMCOWL said

He will become the Stephan Moody of the football team.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2016, 1:53 PM #354537

Right?! Why can't these "off the field" issues causing someone to transfer ever happen to somebody we don't need?
Back to the top

I always say that we , as fans , do not know what is going on inside the program. When I heard FAU was going after a RB that committed to Illinios, I thought why would this kid flip to a team that is loaded at RB. He is an All Purpose Back. He can run and catch. Just like Tre Rod. Maybe the coaches gave him a little insight that the rest of us know nothing about. Just a thought.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: