Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU least favorite school

Add topic

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_FL_30116.pdf

Check out Question 19:

Q19 Out of the seven Florida colleges with Division 1 football teams—University of Central Florida, the University of Florida, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, Florida State University, the University of Miami, and the University of South Florida— which is your favorite?
Central Florida 12% …………………………………………
Florida 29% …………………………………………………….
Florida Atlantic 1% …………………………………………
Florida International 3% ………………………………….
Florida State 19% ……………………………………………
Miami 10% ……………………………………………………..
South Florida 5% …………………………………………..
Not sure 21%
Back to the top

This is as scientific as the latest political poll showing I am winning over everyone.
Back to the top

I did a very scientific poll today and asked:

Out of the seven Florida colleges with Division 1 football teams—University of Central Florida, the University of Florida, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University, Florida State University, the University of Miami, and the University of South Florida— which is your favorite?

The results are in:
Central Florida 0% …………………………………………
Florida 0% …………………………………………………
Florida Atlantic 100% ……………………………………
Florida International 0% ………………………………
Florida State 0% ……………………………………………
Miami 0% ……………………………………………………
South Florida 0% ………………………………………

So there you have it. We can all sleep soundly tonight.
Back to the top

Thanks Mark. From 4:28 till you completed your results at 4:55, I was a mess. Thanks for easing my troubled mind.
Back to the top

When we stop sucking (er, being mediocre) people will begin to like us, FACT.

And even winning football alone will not put butts in our seats or make people want to watch FAU, entertaining high scoring football needs to be played!

Hope or HC lets our new OC let 'em loose this year, may as well we can't be doing much worse! 6-18 over 2 years won't EVER cut it in South Florida.
Back to the top

You never know, some of those 21% unsure could be persuaded to go with FAU. They might even be leaning towards it. Send over out delegates.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

We know the allegiances are regional. I would bet this poll was primarily conducted in the northern half of the state.

…and what a strange poll. Political questions and then some out-of-place sports questions shoehorned there in the end.

Back to the top

I am just trying to figure out how I can get back the 37 seconds of my life that I wasted reading the original post.
Back to the top

I remember reading a similar poll not too long that we had a higher percentage.

Neither of them are worth more than a "huh, that's interesting," though. There's no actionable information there. We know we have to improve our performance to sway local loyalty back to us and that hasn't happened yet, but that's stating the obvious.
Back to the top
Control functions: