Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Baseball in the 2016 Polls

Add topic

Any updates on the rankings for baseball OR softball?
Back to the top

As of yesterday:

Back to the top

I'm embarrassingly unaware of all the Softball polls. I did find:

College Sports Madness: 25
The latest USAToday coaches poll is March 1, and has us receiving votes.
No love from ESPN
Back to the top

MLBBoca said

I'm embarrassingly unaware of all the Softball polls. I did find:

College Sports Madness: 25
The latest USAToday coaches poll is March 1, and has us receiving votes.
No love from ESPN
Posted On: Mar 8th 2016, 9:29 AM #355057

have to make bigger noise then.
Back to the top

College Sports Madness has baseball at #2 seed in Gainseville Regional, and ranked #24.

FWIW, NCAA seems to have dropped permanently both Collegiate Baseball (the oldest NCAA baseball poll) and Baseball America in favor of the D1Baseball poll, which is a poll of two individuals. NCAACWS tweets are now most often linking to D1Baseball. NCAA still considers NCBWA and USAToday Coaches polls in addition to D1Baseball and RPI.
Back to the top

MLBBoca said

College Sports Madness has baseball at #2 seed in Gainseville Regional, and ranked #24.

FWIW, NCAA seems to have dropped permanently both Collegiate Baseball (the oldest NCAA baseball poll) and Baseball America in favor of the D1Baseball poll, which is a poll of two individuals. NCAACWS tweets are now most often linking to D1Baseball. NCAA still considers NCBWA and USAToday Coaches polls in addition to D1Baseball and RPI.
Posted On: Mar 8th 2016, 9:51 AM #355059

thats stupid. and i think we could do better than Gainesville Regional.
Back to the top

MLBBoca said

We get no love from D1Baseball…  :Thinking:

I personally think if we go 5-0 this week, they need to put us straight in the top 15. If we go 4-1, then Top 25 is acceptable.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

MLBBoca said

I personally think if we go 5-0 this week, they need to put us straight in the top 15. If we go 4-1, then Top 25 is acceptable.
Posted On: Mar 8th 2016, 10:14 AM #355061

This is true. and how did we get no home TV games this year. is our stadium that much of a eye sore?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Island_Owl88 said

MLBBoca said

Posted On: Mar 8th 2016, 10:14 AM #355061
This is true. and how did we get no home TV games this year. is our stadium that much of a eye sore?

Posted On: Mar 8th 2016, 10:43 AM #355063

I don't think it is the stadium so much as the way the schedule worked out. They probably figured FAU & Rice for the potential regular season championship, and that series is at Rice this year. Also, MTSU had a decent conference record last year, and that is also an away series. Also, last year the scheduling worked so that FIU was covered at least one of those times on the following day. Going into this year, our best home series looked to be against Southern Miss. I don't know which C-USA games are covered that weekend.

Also, FAU Baseball Stadium did receive some significant upgrades this past offseason that should further improve video streaming. Calling it excellent is now an understatement. If you watch national broadcasts of college games, you often will notice occasional burst of pixelation as they often use Internet streaming for many of those broadcasts (they are actually streaming television shows to central broadcasting - even ESPN has done so). Streaming from from FAU Baseball Stadium should not result in any such pixelation issues.
Back to the top

March 14th Rankings:

Back to the top
Control functions: