Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SERIES THREAD: Georgetown vs #15 FAU - Mar 4th - 6th, 2016

Add topic

Congrats to the team. This is the series you have to win to help build your post season resume along with winning conference games. Way to go.
Back to the top

I think we all would agree that Georgetown is a team we should have swept. But it's a long season so maybe a good thing for coaches to use this to keep the team focused on what it takes to compete at a high level. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Agree Mark. But that's baseball. Our rivals to the south were swept by Loyola Marymount. Definitely unexpected. But again, that's baseball. McKay was off Friday night and Georgetown looked like the best hitting school in the country.  The important thing was the way the team bounced back.
Back to the top

Finally made it out to my first game today! I came away very impressed. This team does the little things that's very important to being a good consistent baseball team. They make the productive outs by hitting the ball to the right side to move runners over, hitting fly balls to drive in the runs at 3rd, and a very solid fielding team. If you combine that with bats this team has we could be in for a very fun season. 

Just my two cents. 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Our rivals to the south were swept by Loyola Marymount. Definitely unexpected. But again, that's baseball.
Posted On: Mar 6th 2016, 7:33 PM #355038

They went 1-3 in a four game series, but still - ABSOLUTE DISASTER for a C-USA Team especially at home!

And one more reason why I have no idea why one of their most loyal fans objected to this tweet:

Back to the top

Important!
Figured it best to create a separate topic on the polls, since we will likely be talking more about them down the line - as we move up!

:Big-Grin:

Link Below:

FAU Baseball in the 2016 Polls

Important!
Control functions: