Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FDOT looking to add two new I-95 ramps at Glades and additional turn lanes

Add topic

Story here

The PPT included in the article as a sidebar shows another rendering on slide 19 of 21.

There's something similar in Davie on University if you've ever been down to that campus. It's a little clunky but does help get a lot more traffic where it needs to go.

Along with the new Spanish River ramps, they're really trying to ease traffic on Glades.

I'm a little surprised they're considering this on top of the Spanish River ramp. Between the two projects it's a ton of money to spend on a single congested road.

According to the Boca Mag blog, "Boca now will ask the Palm Beach Metropolitan Organization, which sets transportation priorities for the county and which Haynie chairs, to make the project part of the I-95 work that will add express—meaning toll— lanes. Hess said linking the project could move it up from 2022 to 2017 or, more likely, 2018. The Spanish River Boulevard interchange is scheduled to open in the fall of 2017."

Wow.

One day Boca could be so built up that they need to run light rail down Glades from 441 to Federal Highway, which is a distance of approximately 8 miles. If it cost $15 million per mile, that'd be $120 million, and that would likely create stations in the medians so people could get off at FAU, University Commons, the mall, etc.

Between these ramps, the Spanish River ramps, the possible commuter stop for trains on 20th Street connecting Mizner to 20th and Atlantic Ave, and light rail down Glades, Boca could be way more commuter-friendly in the future. But in order to substantiate that, the city would probably drastically change in character. In a way we might be seeing that now as downtown is getting higher and higher.

It's exciting! Who knows what the next 20-50 years have in store.
Back to the top

Interesting and could work very well! Thanks for posting it.
Back to the top

Good stuff, Doc!  I like the ramp on Glades that would allow those going to I-95 to go over the top of the stop light at Airport road instead of currently stopping at airport road and backing traffic up on Glades.  That could keep 40% (I am guessing) of the traffic flowing from FAU without stopping.
Back to the top

Absolutely. It's going to be a godsend.
Back to the top
Control functions: