Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Calling all alumni living in Texas

Add topic

Hey "y'all" - The alumni in Texas have an official chapter with the FAU Alumni Association. We had a reception in January in San Antonio, one in Dallas-area in February, and looking to host one in Houston in May. If you live in Texas, make sure the alumni office has your contact information updated so that we know how to contact you. Remember: the alumni database is different from the athletics database … so if you "get emails from FAU" … that doesn't mean that the alumni office has your updated contact info.
Thanks!
–rick'-07
Chapter President:smile:

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Tell them all to like us on the Facebook page!

Fau Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Great news Smitty, good luck getting it going out there!
Back to the top

We also have a regional recruiter that lives in DFW (Coppell) area. The number of students from Texas has been increasing the past few years and we love to have our prospective students meet with FAU grads when possible.

We also have reps. in MD, MA, NJ and eventually Long Island and Chicago land.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

We also have a regional recruiter that lives in DFW (Coppell) area. The number of students from Texas has been increasing the past few years and we love to have our prospective students meet with FAU grads when possible.

We also have reps. in MD, MA, NJ and eventually Long Island and Chicago land.
Posted On: Mar 10th 2016, 9:42 AM #355120

How about in Atlanta? My granddaughter who is only in the 4th grade is already planning on being an "official" Owl! She loves the place! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

We used to have a rep. in ATL. Unfortunately, we just weren't seeing the increase in students as we hoped. It was strange. ATL seems to have such a high alumni population. So many people know who we are, but we just weren't attractive to students.

My theory is that the people that live there remember the old FAU that was a commuter school and not a traditional college campus. So when their kids come home and say "I saw FAU at school today!" Their parents are like "No, honey. You don't want to go there, it's boring"
Back to the top

Probably.

The only way to combat that is with information (like brochures including pictures) and convincing them to come to Boca and see how much it has changed (or hasn't, depending on what you're looking for)
Back to the top
Control functions: