Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Guard Marquan Botley to Transfer

Add topic

FAU Guard Marquan Botley to Transfer
Back to the top

Saw that earlier. No comment.Too negative.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Saw that earlier. No comment.Too negative.
Posted On: Apr 1st 2016, 6:36 PM #355484

It's all Jarvis' fault!

:Laughing:  :Not-Talking:  :Winking:
Back to the top

April 1st....
Back to the top

It's no joke my friend, he's gone.
Back to the top

The basketball program is turning into an infection. It's just so disappointing that we passed up on Matt McCall. 

Back to the top

Not shocked by this news at all.

He's from Texas, so he may be looking to finish out there or possibly in Chattanooga to reunite with former FAU assistant Peter Gash who is an assistant under McCall. I believe Gash & Botley are close.
Back to the top

I'm not shocked by this either. Because we are FAU and that is what happens in our Basketball program.
Back to the top

He's going into his senior season and would have to sit a year as a D1 transfer.

So, the only way he would play in the fall would be to graduate early over the summer and then be a graduate student…

Doable, but highly unlikely…Odds are DII or NAIA program.
Back to the top

If it's true than yeah it's massively disappointing.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time. After Moody left I became numb to these things.

I don't know. I just don't feel like this program has any identity or momentum right now. I'm sure the players feel it too. And I know basketball players leave for all sorts of reasons and do that all the time nationally.

I remember what fauowl said about how this program doesn't have enough finding/support to be legitimate so it just plods along and every few years we bring in a new coach under the same financial restrictions and hope against hope that he can mine diamonds out of our roster, only to realize every coach that has ever been here has finished with a losing record.

So in that case we can argue that it doesn't matter if Curry is on the sidelines for another year or 10 more years, but I still can't shake the feeling like he's not our guy.
Back to the top
Control functions: