Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Baseball Regional Watch

Add topic

Still 21 conference games to be played, but getting a thread started to track prognostications on the Owls and Regional play, hopefully making it all the way to Omaha.

Baseball America put this out yesterday, which has FAU as the #2 seed in Coral Gables:

Coral Gables, FL

1. (2) Miami^*
2. Florida Atlantic*
3. West Virginia
4. Florida A&M*

* = Automatic Bid

Projected Field Of 64: April 6 - BaseballAmerica.com

Back to the top

D1 Baseball had us as a 2 seed in Coral Gables as well. With Long Beach State as a 3 seed. If that were to happen that would be an overly tough regional with 3 top 20 teams.

One thing I found interesting is they had Rice hosting a Regional. Still shows until we beat Rice were not going to be taken seriously
Back to the top

I want Gainesville. I want another shot to take down Florida.
Back to the top

I vote Tally or Miami.

Tally because of what Delt pointed out, and Miami so we can have more fans there and also a better shot at winning.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I want Gainesville. I want another shot to take down Florida.
Posted On: Apr 7th 2016, 12:56 PM #355594

I would love to take down UF, but realistically the depth they have in their pitching staff will make them a very tough out in a regional. If we aren't hosting I want the easiest road possible.
Back to the top

Anywhere but Gainesville.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Apr 7th 2016, 3:53 PM #355597

So the mantra "We will play anyone, anywhere, anytime" doesn't apply to baseball.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Apr 7th 2016, 3:53 PM #355597

So the mantra "We will play anyone, anywhere, anytime" doesn't apply to baseball.

Posted On: Apr 8th 2016, 11:45 AM #355600

I don't think it should apply to baseball. Baseball has proven they can win. The easiest way to Omaha is the best way.

I think that's a saying you put on T-Shirts when you first start a football program and don't win many games  :cool:
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

"We will play anyone, anywhere, anytime"…
Posted On: Apr 8th 2016, 11:45 AM #355600

There's only ONE person at FAU that has ever said that - Howard.

But just for kicks, checked in with Coach Mac, and he said he doesn't care where we play…

Somewhat surprised by that response.
Back to the top

Baseball America's April 13th listing now has the Owls on the move…

College Station anyone??

1. Texas A&M^
2. Florida Atlantic
3. Cal State Fullerton
4. Oral Roberts*

* = Automatic Bid

Projected Field Of 64 (April 13) - BaseballAmerica.com

Also, of note is this comment, although not seeing it logistically for FAU:

Whichever team emerges from among Florida Atlantic, Rice and Southern Mississippi as the regular-season champ of Conference USA should have a strong chance to host, especially if it doubles up by winning the league tournament.

Back to the top
Control functions: