Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Trey Rodriguez Dismissed from FAU Football Team

It's official:

Trey Rodriguez has been dismissed from the FAU Football Program.

Back to the top

Matt C said

It's official:

Trey Rodriguez has been dismissed from the FAU Football Program.

Posted On: Apr 19th 2016, 3:23 PM #355812

WOW such a sad ending to what could have been a spectacular career. I hope this serves as a lesson to all young student athletes out there: Prioritize your obligations!  With our luck, he'll go JUCO then transfer to Auburn and win a Heisman but who knows. Again, I hope he gets his life back on track but at least we have capable replacements. Very sad story.
Back to the top

Best of luck to ya Trey, praying ya get it together man!
Back to the top

I hate hearing that and I'm not even thinking about football. He is still a young guy. Plenty of time to turn it around.
Back to the top

Help could be on the way….
Back to the top

Interesting development, he is a little bit bigger back than our other rb's, guessing he would have to st out a year though, giving him only one year here to prove himself to the pros.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Interesting development, he is a little bit bigger back than our other rb's, guessing he would have to st out a year though, giving him only one year here to prove himself to the pros.
Posted On: Apr 19th 2016, 8:13 PM #355818

You are correct, he would sit a year.  In the case of Mark Richt leaving UGA. the student athlete signs with the school, not with a coach.  So contrary to popular belief, the departure of a coaching staff member does not grant a student-athlete relief from the residence requirement on transferring.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Help could be on the way….
Posted On: Apr 19th 2016, 6:43 PM #355816

4-star (per 247) RB … which alone would be a big deal for us.

Apparently he wanted a release and Georgia HC Kirby Smart restricted him to only Florida schools except Miami or Florida; then after the "misunderstanding" was corrected it was opened up to any school except SEC schools, Miami or Georgia Tech.

Could it be us? I doubt Trey's final straw was needing a scholarship for AJ but there is this…

"He said he talked to UCF coaches recently and it's possible he could end up playing for his hometown university. That, however, remains to be seen.

Numerous schools will have scholarship limitations, UCF included, and if a school is not willing to use a scholarship on a player who has to sit out a year, Turman could be faced with paying for a year of college. He said Wednesday he's willing to do that if he finds the right fit."

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

4-star (per 247) RB … which alone would be a big deal for us.

Apparently he wanted a release and Georgia HC Kirby Smart restricted him to only Florida schools except Miami or Florida; then after the "misunderstanding" was corrected it was opened up to any school except SEC schools, Miami or Georgia Tech.

Could it be us? I doubt Trey's final straw was needing a scholarship for AJ but there is this…

"He said he talked to UCF coaches recently and it's possible he could end up playing for his hometown university. That, however, remains to be seen.

Numerous schools will have scholarship limitations, UCF included, and if a school is not willing to use a scholarship on a player who has to sit out a year, Turman could be faced with paying for a year of college. He said Wednesday he's willing to do that if he finds the right fit."

Posted On: Apr 19th 2016, 10:53 PM #355821

Would be big for next year when Warren graduates. He, Buddy and Kerrith would be quite the three headed monster at RB. 
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Would be big for next year when Warren graduates. He, Buddy and Kerrith would be quite the three headed monster at RB.
Posted On: Apr 20th 2016, 7:55 AM #355823
Oh the possibilities!!! :Yawn::Yawn::Yawn:Just had a flashback, 3 years ago when Quez, Warren, and Fortner each had 100 rushing yards in 1 game (@U.SoMiss I think)
Back to the top
Control functions: