Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Add topic

Congrats to the FAU Spirit squad (cheer) on winning the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP for their level! Woo Hoo!! GO OWLS!!!:cool:
Back to the top

Back to the top

So is this FAU's first ever national championship?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

The paintball team won a national championship recently, if you wanna count that.
Back to the top

OwlFamily said

So is this FAU's first ever national championship?

Posted On: Apr 8th 2016, 7:55 PM #355609

I believe the dance team won a national championship several years ago as well.  Who did we beat for this NC?
Back to the top

Texas A&M, FSU Club Cheer, UF, NC State, Charlotte, Georgia Southern, and Penn State Club Cheer were in the Intermediate All-Girl 1A.

There are many divisions in college cheer: all-girl, co-ed, Small co-ed, intermediate 1A, etc.

It's exciting they won! I was fortunate enough to be the sports administrator for the cheer team at my previous institution and watch the MANY MANY MANY long practice days they go through to prep for competition. From October - April, it was Monday - Friday, 5:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. practice, with commitments to night time games (basketball, volleyball, football, etc.), community appearances, etc. I went with them to the competition and it was quite a sight to see. The amazing stunts, flips, lifts, turns, etc. WOW! The student-athletes performing at those competitions are TRUE ATHLETES. I don't know how these student-athletes balance everything; it's truly remarkable!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: