Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New FAU Gear @ It's Owl Time

Add topic

Would be hard pressed to pick someone that did more for FAU athletics than Rusty.  Added bonus that he's a good guy.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We have updated our Wall of Fame page on our website, for those interested in seeing some of the blasts from the past photos.

Keep in mind, due to NCAA compliance rules, we do not show photos of current student-athletes who visit our store. We have to wait until their eligibility has ended.

Link is here:
It's Owl Time The Store
Back to the top

fauowl said

We have updated our Wall of Fame page on our website, for those interested in seeing some of the blasts from the past photos.

Keep in mind, due to NCAA compliance rules, we do not show photos of current student-athletes who visit our store. We have to wait until their eligibility has ended.

Link is here:
It's Owl Time The Store
Posted On: May 30th 2016, 6:08 PM #356406

That's really a who's who of FAU athletics.  Great work!  Anybody in particular you haven't gotten yet that you really want?
Back to the top

owlmart said

Anybody in particular you haven't gotten yet that you really want?
Posted On: May 30th 2016, 6:44 PM #356407

That's a great question!

I enjoy getting some of the original or early owls. Rusty coming in was a treat. Off the top of my head (I will think of a hundred more later) I would like to see Polo, Bynes, Harmon, Housler, Lestar Jean, even Garrett Jahn, the first QB ever. He is still friends with Jared Allen so one day he may show up.  There are so many. I appreciate every single one who comes in.

I would like to see Randell, Reaser, DJ.

I would like to see Brittany Bowe, and Yolanda Griffith.

For non athletes, I would like to get Carrot Top, Steve Swanson (astronaut) and former prez's Brogan, and Dr. Cantonese on that wall.

The fun part with some of the old guys is that I recognize some of them but they don't know me so when I say their name when they walk in the door they are shocked that I know who they are.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Would be hard pressed to pick someone that did more for FAU athletics than Rusty.  Added bonus that he's a good guy.
Posted On: May 27th 2016, 3:16 PM #356369

Agreed. Favorite FAU player of all time.

I've seen a lot of athletes on campus, including Alfred Morris, but when I saw tall Rusty Smith coming down the Breezeway it's like, "Damn, there goes Rusty Smith!"

Wonder if he'd ever consider coming back as a Graduate Assistant for us, though we already have two former QBs doing that now…
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Wonder if he'd ever consider coming back as a Graduate Assistant for us, though we already have two former QBs doing that now…
Posted On: May 30th 2016, 7:42 PM #356409

When I talked to him last week, he seemed very happy with his life in Tennessee, but you never know.
Back to the top

fauowl said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: May 30th 2016, 7:42 PM #356409

When I talked to him last week, he seemed very happy with his life in Tennessee, but you never know.
Posted On: Jun 1st 2016, 7:50 AM #356416

I know, I know. And I wish him all the best.
Back to the top

With no discussions on the board today, I will take advantage and let everyone know we now carry these FAU socks.

link: It's Owl Time FAU Footwear

Owls Up!

click to enlarge
FAU Socks @ It's Owl Time - The Store
Back to the top

Just wanted to let everyone know, we now offer the new Book by Dick Schmidt.

100% of the profits will go to the Kelly Family Scholarship Fund created by FAU President Dr. Kelly, and FAU First Lady, Carolyn Kelly.

The Boy and The Dolphin:

Toby Matthias finds himself living a dream life in the Bahamas, having been taken in by his grandparents after the unfortunate death of his mother and father.  But growing up in the out islands in the mid – 1950’s has its own set of complications for Toby to deal with. Follow this heartwarming story of a boy and his best friend, a bottlenose dolphin, as they grow up together enjoying tropical adventures in the beautiful Caribbean.  Take part in their journey through ever increasing separations as Toby completes his education in the States and serves his country in the skies over Vietnam, sharing an unbreakable bond for more than a decade.

Dick Schmidt Book @ It's Owl Time
Back to the top

fauowl said

Just wanted to let everyone know, we now offer the new Book by Dick Schmidt.

100% of the profits will go to the Kelly Family Scholarship Fund created by FAU President Dr. Kelly, and FAU First Lady, Carolyn Kelly.

The Boy and The Dolphin:

Toby Matthias finds himself living a dream life in the Bahamas, having been taken in by his grandparents after the unfortunate death of his mother and father.  But growing up in the out islands in the mid – 1950’s has its own set of complications for Toby to deal with. Follow this heartwarming story of a boy and his best friend, a bottlenose dolphin, as they grow up together enjoying tropical adventures in the beautiful Caribbean.  Take part in their journey through ever increasing separations as Toby completes his education in the States and serves his country in the skies over Vietnam, sharing an unbreakable bond for more than a decade.

Dick Schmidt Book @ It's Owl Time
Posted On: Jun 9th 2016, 1:23 PM #356701

Also-the novel has been signed by the author, Dick Schmidt.
Back to the top
Control functions: