Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU and the 2016 MLB Draft

Add topic

The 2016 MLB Draft will begin on June 9th at 7:00 PM. The first round will be televised on The MLB Network, and the entire draft will be streamed at MLB.com. You can follow along on thier DRAFT TRACKER as well. Below is the three day schedule of activities.

Day 1, June 9

Round 1 - Competitive Balance Round B @ 7:00 PM ET

Day 2, June 10

Rounds 3-10 @ 1:00 PM EST

Day 3, June 11th

Rounds 11-40 @ Noon ET

Owls to keep an eye on are SS CJ Chatham, 2B Stephen Kerr, 1B Esteban Puerta, OF Billy Endris, OF Christian Dicks, P Robbie Coursel, and P Colyn O'Connell.

Back to the top

Chatham to the Red Sox, the highest draft selection in FAU program history:

Back to the top

Nothing doing on day two for the Owls,  but should see some action today in the final session.
Back to the top

Three Owls off the board so far today, all pitchers:

“My dreams finally came true,” McKay said. “I’m excited to see what this has in store for me. Kansas City was interested in me and that’s who I thought would draft me. They do a good job of developing pitchers, so I’m ready to get started.”

“I am thankful to be given the opportunity to continue to grow and play the game that has developed me into who I am today,” Coursel said. “It is a childhood dream come true.”

Back to the top

Funny how things go. FAU knew CJ was going to be in demand. We were worried about our pitching. Three of the four drafted....pitchers.
Back to the top

They must have heard you.

Add Endris, and we're all done.

Five Owls taken ion the 2016 MLB Draft.

“I’m happy to keep baseball going,” Endris said. “I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for FAU and our coaches - they increased my baseball knowledge and helped make this possible.”

Back to the top

Do we know what current players are heading to summer leagues? Cape cod league etc.
Back to the top

BIG Money…

Back to the top

Rick said

BIG Money…

Posted On: Jun 16th 2016, 10:04 AM #356755

WOW! Nice and congrats to him!
Back to the top
Control functions: