Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ODU

Add topic

Old Dominion is going to expand their football stadium;

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/odu-proposes--seat-football-stadium-to-be-built-without/article_89d107e7-0c7a-5824-9bde-c777021c94cc.html

Not much bigger at first (only 2,000 more seats) but say it can be expanded again - for a lot more $$$.
Back to the top

It should be apparent why C-USDA went after ODU.

Large pockets….

They just got $35M the other day for a museum or something.

Back to the top

How long is this media contract we and now stuck with for? We had better work at expanding our media presence before that time to include Ga. State for the Atlanta market and UMASS for the Boston market. That is IF they even want to come to CUSA now! Could have had BOTH pretty easily a month ago!!!
Back to the top

Old Dominion was a great addition. ODU, James Madison, and VCU all compete for Virginia's third "best" public university. VCU has the basketball reputation, but doesn't have a football program. JMU is known to be the party school in Virginia, just without an FBS program (although their football program has had great success at the FCS level). ODU now has the FBS program AND an untapped media market in Norfolk. ODU's potential could quite possibly overtake ours' and the school to the South's.

You're right about that donation there Rick. ODU was just given $35 million for an art museum! That's pretty impressive.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III (2) said

You're right about that donation there Rick. ODU was just given $35 million for an art museum! That's pretty impressive.
Posted On: Jun 10th 2016, 1:33 PM #356714

That IS impressive.

Read that ODU is trying to be more well-known locally there for the arts and this helps them to that end.

I guess the couple that donated the money are also contributing like 100 of their own works to it… almost like they built a museum to hang their own work  :Winking: but it will include work from other artists as well so  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: