Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SEC Programs Arkansas & Kentucky to Join Owls for Camps

The Division I Board of Directors today rescinded a rule prohibiting Football Bowl Subdivision coaches from holding or working at camps and clinics away from their school, adopted earlier this month by the Division I Council.

Owls Win!

Back to the top

I like that we're now partnering with low to mid level P5 teams. These programs are closer to us in recruiting 3 stars to build their program so it's a chance to show the local high school talent that we're either on par or close to resembling these kind of programs. I also like that we're building a sturdy pipeline in the northern part of the state
Back to the top

LawOwl said

I like that we're now partnering with low to mid level P5 teams. These programs are closer to us in recruiting 3 stars to build their program so it's a chance to show the local high school talent that we're either on par or close to resembling these kind of programs. I also like that we're building a sturdy pipeline in the northern part of the state
Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 8:07 PM #355935

it is a good thing both for us and the rest of college football that these camps are going to be allowed again. And LawOwl is right, it is a good thing that we are seen on par or close to these programs.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 8:07 PM #355935

it is a good thing both for us and the rest of college football that these camps are going to be allowed again. And LawOwl is right, it is a good thing that we are seen on par or close to these programs.
Posted On: Apr 28th 2016, 10:36 PM #355937

I'm not convinced anyone out there in football land views us as on par with these programs…yet.  We can be, but until we beat some of them, then no.

That's why these camps are so important to us. It attracts a higher level of recruit because they can be seen by multiple programs. Many of these football campers would not have attended a FAU camp, but now will, and many will discover the potential we have, and what a nice campus we have, and what a great city we have. It brings better talent right to our door. Very happy they overturned the ruling. It is huge for our program.
Back to the top

Correct me if I'm wrong but these aren't invitationals, it's open to any high school junior/senior who is willing to pay the camp cost, right?

If that's the case, it's kinda weird to say we'll see recruits we wouldn't usually get; if you're within a reasonable travelling distance, have the money and want to sign with a Division 1 program, it behooves you to attend every camp you can like ours even if you think you're ultimately going to end up at an SEC program.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

it's kinda weird to say we'll see recruits we wouldn't usually get;
Posted On: Apr 29th 2016, 9:08 AM #355942

It's not weird at all to say it!

Kids can come and spend 2 days and get in front of staffs of 4 schools instead of one.  That makes it so much more attractive for these players instead of getting in front of one staff.  If the ruling wasn't passed, for a kid to get the same experience, they would have to come here, go to Kentucky, go to Arkansas, and go to NC State.  You can quickly see the value it brings for the parents who take their kids to many camps. So many more kids will come to this camp because of this. That's why I said we will see many that we wouldn't normally see. Because it's true.
Back to the top

Need to set up home an home series with these three programs, gotta start getting one NAME school into our stadium EVERY SEASON! :)
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Need to set up home an home series with these three programs, gotta start getting one NAME school into our stadium EVERY SEASON! :)
Posted On: Jun 14th 2016, 9:05 PM #356743
I wish that was the rule with satellite camps, that we could have the power to say, "You wanna come here? Fine. Give us a home-and-home" but if we don't let them come here they just go down the street and rent a field and have their satellite camps somewhere else.

I still have the nagging suspicion that the other teams we're hosting are benefiting more from this than we are. It'd be interesting to see a "who we offered from the camps vs who signed" for us and them to see if that was true... but even if it was, it doesn't change anything for all the reasons fauowl said above. We're still going to do the camps.

ICYMI, we offered some people this weekend that we really liked who are either pledged to schools like Miami or are also entertaining offers from SEC programs. We can go down the road of why they should sign with us vs them, preaching to the choir here on the website, but we know how this usually plays out. And that doesn't even matter because maybe they'll go a different way too. What a crapshoot this process is.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Wishful thinking.
But I share your feeling. It would be nice to get a series outta those guys. 3 big programs came in, we should be able to persuade at least 1 to book us…

Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Wishful thinking.
But I share your feeling. It would be nice to get a series outta those guys. 3 big programs came in, we should be able to persuade at least 1 to book us…

Posted On: Jun 15th 2016, 12:30 AM #356747

Being they are all good friends of Charlies!
Back to the top
Control functions: