Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another tenured professor fired at FAU?

Add topic

Tracy is gone, for well-known reasons, although he is still trying to sue the university and get reinstated.

Now it's Dr. Chunxue “Victor” Wang, a tenured professor with the College of Education, that got the axe and is now  (surprise!) suing the university... the new wrinkle being that this time it's for discrimination.

Story here.

Obviously we don't have all these details but President Kelly's going to do more damage than good in his tenure here if we gain the heretical reputation as the one university in the nation that fires tenured professors.
Back to the top

I have a few friends who have taken his class and said that he was the WORST professor they ever had. This may give us a bad rap, but sometimes professors don't deserve tenure.
Back to the top

I believe in tenure on the principle of ensuring free speech but yeah, I agree that some professors don't deserve it and then when they have it they can abuse it.

For instance, the article mentions this which turns the tide on any sympathy:

"Wang also did not follow required class times set up on his syllabus, the letter says. He told university officials he offered class in a “blended format” online and during class time, but officials found no content online to corroborate that."

Back to the top

Please read the above article and article by his phd student, presidential scholar.

http://www.bocaratontribune.com/bocaratonnews/2016/07/former-fau-professor-sues-university-for-discrimination/
Back to the top

Chair Shockley of Educational Leadership Depart made a fool of himself

Chair Shockley posted the above two posts to demonize Dr. Wang's teaching record. To get a glimpse of Wang's exceptional teaching evaluations, simply Google Victor C. X. Wang. Because Wang pointed out his pay discrimination in 2014 when I was there, Shockley falsely accused Wang of sending emails from Indonesia. Wand is the only tenured professor from China in the college. This very act is discriminatory and Kelly will fire Shockley in time. My students told me he was almost replaced by Dr. Jennifer Bloom in 2014 after I left my position of 23 years' service at FAU. But his dean friend, Bristor protected him by telling more lies to FAU administration.
Now Kelly seems to have a daunting job of taking care of this Chair, who ganged up on one of FAU's top teacher and scholar.
Back to the top

Chair Shockley of Educational Leadership Depart made a fool of himself

Chair Shockley posted the above two posts to demonize Dr. Wang's teaching record. To get a glimpse of Wang's exceptional teaching evaluations, simply Google Victor C. X. Wang. Because Wang pointed out his pay discrimination in 2014 when I was there, Shockley falsely accused Wang of sending emails from Indonesia. Wand is the only tenured professor from China in the college. This very act is discriminatory and Kelly will fire Shockley in time. My students told me he was almost replaced by Dr. Jennifer Bloom in 2014 after I left my position of 23 years' service at FAU. But his dean friend, Bristor protected him by telling more lies to FAU administration.
Now Kelly seems to have a daunting job of taking care of this Chair, who ganged up on one of FAU's top teacher and scholar.
Back to the top