Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Conference USA’s 2016 Football Kickoff - July 25 & 26th

Conference USA’s 2016 Football Kickoff is set for Monday-Tuesday, July 25-26, in Irving, Texas.  The league’s head coaches and two student-athletes from each school will be on hand to preview the upcoming season.

ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app will present video streaming of interviews with coaches and players on Tuesday, beginning at 10 a.m. ET/9 a.m. CT.  Each school will be on in 15-minute increments and the show will also be archived on WatchESPN and ConferenceUSA.com for all viewers.

Coach Charlie Partridge, DE Trey Hendrickson, and RB Buddy Howell will air for Florida Atlantic at 11:00 AM. Below is the full conference schedule.

Television coverage previewing the upcoming season will be provided by the league’s television partners following The C-USA Kickoff.  ESPN, ASN and beIN SPORTS will each have crews in Irving to shoot interviews that will be available on various platforms to preview the upcoming campaign.

The 2016 C-USA Football season kicks off Thursday, Sept. 1, with three non-conference games.  All 13 of the league’s teams are in action during opening weekend.
Back to the top

Awesome. Football is coming back!!!
Back to the top

The Owls have landed…

Back to the top

And are Bowling with the Enemy…

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Friendly reminder…

Back to the top

looking, but espn3 is not showing it on their upcoming schedule.
Back to the top

finally found it. it was a little blurb on the side bar.
Back to the top

Rough transcript if you missed it. You didn't miss anything you didn't expect to hear. Lots of "we're in good position, we'll see what happens" talk.

RE: establishing a culture
Partridge said they have improved the GPA.

RE: Florida loss
Partridge expected to win. It showed the team has moved forward.

RE: Trickett
Partridge likes that he adjusts to what the defense gives him, doesn't stay in a box.

****Audio cut out. Missed Trey Hendrickson interview.***

Buddy Howell… why Buddy?
Buddy: Just something I had in high school. Didn't think it would carry on. It did. Coach asked me what I wanted to be called. Partridge said if someone refers to him as Greg, Partridge gets confused.

To buddy: Talk about the offense
Buddy: No huddle no mercy. All fast. As a runningback group, we have a lot of weapons. I am leading the group. He is learning the game, doing what he has to do every day. He was not concerned about dropping the redshirt, he was ready to go. Back field is loaded. (Named all the RBs)

Partridge doesn't think it's a gamble to play young players. He split practice segments to evaluate. There was growth happening during the season and growth that's happening now.

Regarding Miami and Kansas state, your guys aren't going to be intimidated?
Partridge: We're excited. We're physically ready. We've had a great offseason.

How big is it to play Miami?
Trey: Just another ball team. They put on the shoulder pads too.

Yeah but is it extra motivation being a Florida team?
Trey: Just another ball game.
Buddy: If there is going to be one game where the eyes are looking at me, it's that one and I want to do well.

Is this the year for your team, Coach?
Partridge: Yeah you know I expected that question. I'm excited about the trend we're on. At the end we can look back on it. At this point we're worried about Fall camp and Southern Illinois. I like where we're at right now.

Are people understanding the culture you're trying to build?
Partridge: There were a lot of people who didn't understand it initially but now we have a locker room and an environment that understands (the culture). There were moments where I had someone that wasn't doing what they were doing and I asked one of the guys up here to handle it and it was handled. So that's when you know you're cooking with gas.
Back to the top

Catching up on the live tweets….

Back to the top

Coach P in a suit…

Back to the top
Control functions: