Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Season Predictions!

09/03/16 vs. Southern Illinois Boca Raton, Fla. 6:00 p.m. ET
09/10/16 at Miami  TV Miami, Fla. 6:00 p.m. ET
09/17/16 at Kansas State  TV Manhattan, Kas. 2:30 p.m. ET
09/24/16 vs. Ball State Boca Raton, Fla. 6:00 p.m. ET
10/01/16 at FIU *  TV Miami, Fla. 7:00 p.m. ET
10/08/16 vs. Charlotte * Boca Raton, Fla. 3:30 p.m. ET
10/15/16 at Marshall *  TV Huntington, W. Va. 7:00 p.m. ET
10/29/16 vs. WKU *  TV Boca Raton, Fla. 3:30 p.m. ET
11/05/16 at Rice * Houston, Texas TBA
11/12/16 vs. UTEP * Boca Raton, Fla. 6:00 p.m. ET
11/19/16 vs. Old Dominion * Boca Raton, Fla. 6:00 p.m. ET
11/26/16 at Middle Tennessee *  TV Murfreesboro, Tenn. 5:30 p.m. ET

VS SIU -W
@ Miami- L
@KSU – L
VS Ball St- W
@ FIU- W
vs Char- W
@Marshall- L
VS WKU- L
@ Rice- L
VS UTEP- L
VS ODU- W
@ MTSU- L

5-7 (3-5)

Lets Go Owls!
Back to the top

I disagree with you on UTEP, that will be a tough road trip for them.  They got killed last year at FIU.  I don't believe we will go 0-3 vs WKU, Rice and MTSU.  I believe we will be paying Rice and MTSU with some long over due victories on our side.  WKU is close every year, if we win I wouldn't find it shocking.

6 to 7 win season.
Back to the top

HOPE REALITY
SIU  W SIU  W
@MIA  L @MIA  L
@KSU W @KSU L
BALL ST W BALL ST  W
@FIU W @FIU  W
CHAR W CHAR W
@MAR L @MAR L
WKU W WKU L
@RICE W @RICE L
UTEP W UTEP W
ODU W ODU W
@MTSU W  @MTSU L

10-2 (7-1) 6-6 (4-4)

Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

HOPE REALITY
SIU  WSIU  W
@MIA  L@MIA  L
@KSU W@KSU L
BALL ST WBALL ST  W
@FIU W@FIU  W
CHAR WCHAR W
@MAR L@MAR L
WKU WWKU L
@RICE W@RICE L
UTEP WUTEP W
ODU WODU W
@MTSU W @MTSU L

10-2 (7-1) 6-6 (4-4)
Posted On: Aug 4th 2016, 11:33 AM #357502

My hope column would be 15-0, national championships.  I just don't believe we will go 0-4 against WKU, Marshal, Rice (payback time) and MTSU (time to start ruining their seasons).
Back to the top

Rusty Smith was the last QB to beat MTSU. I think Rice will end the same way it ended the last 2 times we played. Marshall, well, it's marshall, and doc is a great coach. I'm 50-50 on WKU, Doughty is gone, so who knows what can happen.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Rusty Smith was the last QB to beat MTSU. I think Rice will end the same way it ended the last 2 times we played. Marshall, well, it's marshall, and doc is a great coach. I'm 50-50 on WKU, Doughty is gone, so who knows what can happen.

Posted On: Aug 4th 2016, 11:57 AM #357505

Any change for a future pattern of success means we need to start winning our fair share of MTSU and Rice.  We played Rice twice and basically gave them the game both times after leading late.  They aren't getting better, they are what they are.  So in my opinion if we are improving we should swing the late game losses into late game victories.  Until we beat Marshall, I agree no real reason to expect a victory.  WKU can go either way based on the short past history.  MTSU and Rice those results have to change.
Back to the top

I have to believe this is the year we've been waiting for. For the experts we will surprise them, like we surprised them in 07 when we went bowling for the first time. Not saying we win the conference, but we should hope to finish in the top 4 teams. A good bunch of these players are Charlie's players. If our QB exceeds expectations, then we will be in a good place. I'm looking for us to compete against The U and KSU. Tired of seeing bodybag games. We beat 2 of the 3 WKU, MTSU, Rice or loose 2-3.. We beat SIU, Ball State, FIU, UTEP, ODU and Charlotte. I'm calling for 7 or 8 wins!!! All depends on the QB. 
Back to the top

I have a lot of faith in this years defense. Key decision to me differing between both QB's is deciding which one will turn the ball over the least. If we don't put the defense in bad situations we will win a lot of games.

If we don't get to 6 wins this year that will be a major problem. The third year has to show there is being progress made with the coaching staff.

VS SIU -W

Needs to be a big statement win to get the student fan base excited, and mostly the incoming freshman with more than likely back to back losses looming

@ Miami- L

Hopefully, Richt is still figuring things out with the team, and we catch them early. Maybe the team can finish what they started in Gainesville. My goal for this game is for it to be in the balance going into the 4th quarter, and seeing what happens

@KSU – L

See this as our bad game for the year, and getting blown out

VS Ball St- W

We need to be way better than teams from the MAC. We were athletically on another level last year compared to Buffalo, and we should be once again this year against Ball State. This should be a 10 point win at least

@ FIU- W

Always a must win. Jay Warren needs to have a big game to make up for the fumbles two years ago

vs Char- W

We gotta curb stomp them

@Marshall- L

I really want this to be the year to breakthrough vs them, but I think were still a year away. But Doc, and Partridge need to have a steel cage set up for them after this year.

VS WKU- W

I think they lost a lot from last year to have the preseason pub they are getting. It is at home, and a game we should win

@ Rice- W

This is a bad football team. A stadium that no one shows up too.

VS UTEP- W

Keep the guys from sneaking over the boarder Friday night, and we should win

VS ODU- W

Need to curb stomp them at home

@ MTSU- L

Close game MTSU will find a way to win because I believe they have the better coach.

8-4

Make it happen Coach Partridge. Don't give the opportunity for the fan base to negative on Twitter so you don't have to unfollow every FAU fan.

Back to the top

Home SWEEP is possible plus W's over FIU, Rice and "maybe" even Marshall. So 7 to 9 win season before our bowl WIN!
Back to the top

I hate to say it, but I really have very little optimism this year. I don't think it comes down to physical talent, because we had that last year, but mental toughness, which has never really been there consistently for us.
Back to the top
Control functions: