Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Howard Argument Thread

Local Owl said

Strange to see with 21 days till kick off, we are counting down the wins and we are in 2009. Goes to show us how this program has struggled in recent years.Some schools get 21 wins in two seasons.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 10:36 AM #357652

I mean we had a head coach who wouldn't even make home visits the last few years and  him stick around.
7 years later and well….
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

Strange to see with 21 days till kick off, we are counting down the wins and we are in 2009. Goes to show us how this program has struggled in recent years.Some schools get 21 wins in two seasons.

I mean we had a head coach who wouldn't even make home visits the last few years and  him stick around.
7 years later and well….

Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 11:55 AM #357653

Always a jackass, that's me being nice.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

7 years later and well….

Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 12:45 PM #357654

How am I an Jackass when what I said is 100 percent the truth?
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

7 years later and well….

Schnelly did great things for the program, but he stuck around 3 years to long. It set the program back 5 to 6 years. 

Similar to Bowden at FSU. Great coaches can turn into bad coaches at the end of their careers, and it okay to admit it. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

7 years later and well….

How am I an Jackass when what I said is 100 percent the truth?
Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 5:19 PM #357656

Because any opportunity you have you take a shot at him, ever heard of holding your tongue?  It's what adults do when it's appropriate whether you're right or not.  Time to grow up bud.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think the BOT played a role in the rough years. Schnellenberger promised every class they would play in new stadium. He would show recruits the land that it was to be built on. The BOT kept giving excuses not to go through with it then they dragged their feet and kept postponing the decision. The recession didn't help matters either but it should have been completed before that. I played HS football in Florida so I know how easily news and rumors gets spread. I'm sure the news got around that the head coach at FAU has been promising a new stadium for years and nothing happens. Players graduated without ever playing in a new stadium. Instead, they played their home games in a small, rundown HS municipal stadium. The good prospects didn't believe Schnellenberger anymore.
I flew down for the inaugural home game against WKU. While waiting for my flight home I met a Sunbelt referee that worked the game the previous night. He thought the stadium was nice but didn't have any good words about the FAU team.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

7 years later and well….

Embrace the Legend!!
Back to the top

Dang guys. Sorry for the observation. I will never say anything bad about Howard. He is the man. I was just stating the obvious. I only meant that it's time to string some winning seasons together.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Dang guys. Sorry for the observation. I will never say anything bad about Howard. He is the man. I was just stating the obvious. I only meant that it's time to string some winning seasons together.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 8:14 PM #357662

I don't think your comments are the issue.  You're good man.  :)
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Aug 13th 2016, 8:14 PM #357662

I have no issue with your comment.  We all understand what happened and most of us understand why.  My issue is when some people take every opportunity to give Howard a shot.  Ever heard the term beating a dead horse?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: