Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jason Driskel named as FAU Football's starter at QB versus Southern Illinois

Rick said

Everyone can sleep well tonight…

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2016, 6:50 PM #357907
Not saying he is, but saying he isn't means absolutely nothing.  

Would you tell your boss when your looking to move?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Daniel is and has been a class act . He has parents that are class acts. Competition is a great thing. For a college QB and as a young man after his college career. I will make this prediction, given the opportunity, Daniel will shine.Jason must have won the job in the coaches eyes. I tell my kids...it is ok to lose a battle as long as the competition was fair and equal.Congrats Jason. Now lets go win some dang football games.
Back to the top

Both WILL play this year but now we all have to hope Driskel has a great year and in not subbed for injury or performance! Good luck young man!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

Everyone can sleep well tonight…

Posted On: Aug 23rd 2016, 6:50 PM #357907
Not saying he is, but saying he isn't means absolutely nothing.  

Would you tell your boss when your looking to move?
Posted On: Aug 23rd 2016, 7:01 PM #357908

Exactly.
It's easy to say you not going to transfer when 99 percent of schools don't even have a scholarship this time of year. 
If Jason goes out and plays great Parr isn't going to ride the pine for two more seasons after that.
I  wouldn't blame him.
Back to the top

I agree.....Driskel played well in bad situations last year....I remember thinking he handled the Miami situation pretty well...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

It's good to know that our whole season doesn't hang on one player's health…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I agree…..Driskel played well in bad situations last year….I remember thinking he handled the Miami situation pretty well…
Posted On: Aug 25th 2016, 12:42 AM #357957

Yea and he didn't play that badly against Buffalo either with the exception of the pick 6. Jay Warren lost that game for us. As soon as he fumbled and they took it back for a TD the entire game changed. We were on a roll before that. Warren has actually cost a handful of games with his fumbling issues the past couple of seasons. I wonder if he'll be on a short leash as the number 2 back this yr especially with all of the depth we have
Back to the top

Well obviously Partridge and Trickett know what they're doing and have studied the matter intensely so I trust their judgment.

I was very impressed by Driskel in the first half of Miami; in the second half he looked like the freshman quarterback he was. Don't remember his pick-6 vs Buffalo but I do remember we had taken care of the ball well against Florida until Driskel came in and threw that interception that the Gators turned into points which otherwise would have won us the game before overtime #bittermuch #yes

So that's my concern, breaking down in the big games. But again he was young and not the starter, he's had a good Spring and Fall camp, let's see how he does now.
Back to the top

Now that "the big announcement" is over and the dust has settled…

THIS JUST IN FROM THE EDITORIAL NEWS DESK:

No one ever said that Driskell was the starter, they said he was the starter for Southern Illinois.

If Driskell so much as flounders even a bit, Parr will be on the field.

There were some non-playing factors that carried significant weight in this decision as well, but when it comes down to it the guy who gets the wins will get the job long term.

My money has and will continue to be on Parr in the long term.

We now return you to regularly scheduled programming…

Back to the top

Back to the top