Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eyes on the Tropics.

With Gameday Next week, and that Invest 99 out there, the models are all over the place. Its something to keep a eye on. 

tropics
Back to the top

If 99 comes this way, which it very well might it will be through this area no later than between late Sunday to Tuesday at the very latest.  Not an issue for the following weekend.

Btw, the dots on the tracks are 12 hour intervals so it is easy follow with a rough timeline.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

But it could very well much up practice next week. Thankfully its an FCS team so talent could carry us through.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

But it could very well much up practice next week. Thankfully its an FCS team so talent could carry us through.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 9:34 AM #357923

+1, hence the indoor practice facility we are building.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

OwlFamily said

Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 9:56 AM #357924

hopefully one the shovels are in the dirt, more donations will come in.
Back to the top

walty12 said

OwlFamily said

Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 9:56 AM #357924

Right, but the IPF is Phase 2. We havent even broken ground on Phase 1 yet. :(

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

speaking of which. latest update.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

If 99 comes this way, which it very well might it will be through this area no later than between late Sunday to Tuesday at the very latest.  Not an issue for the following weekend.

Btw, the dots on the tracks are 12 hour intervals so it is easy follow with a rough timeline.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 7:27 AM #357922

Never knew that about the dots! And I've been here since Andrew, thanks Dusky!
Back to the top

teambeer said

dusky256fc said

Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 7:27 AM #357922

Never knew that about the dots! And I've been here since Andrew, thanks Dusky!
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 3:21 PM #357932

I have spent way too much time watching and studying these storms over many years.  I find them fascinating.

This one does have the potential to turn into something and be right on top of us but due to it's large size it is having a tough time finding a center to start becoming more organized which is a good thing.  We are day or two away from knowing if we are going to have to deal with something of any seriousness or just a strong summer storm i.e. tropical wave or depression.

The 2pm update is starting to show the models converging to reflect a turn to the north right off our coast late Sunday but way too early to be sure.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

My business requires me to watch the weather and my terrible hobby of fishing makes me a jr meteorologist. This one requires further watching.Maybe tomorrow at this time  we will know more. I hope it blows in some decent Mahi.
Back to the top
Control functions: