Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Eyes on the Tropics.

It'd be an interesting "welcome to Florida" storm for all the out-of-state freshmen.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My business requires me to watch the weather and my terrible hobby of fishing makes me a jr meteorologist. This one requires further watching.Maybe tomorrow at this time  we will know more. I hope it blows in some decent Mahi.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 5:09 PM #357934

We should have a lobster walk shortly after the storm passes.  That's as least as much fun as an Owl victory.

Good report dusky… Keep the boat safe!  

Should be able to practice Saturday AM. Then back to normal schedule by Tuesday.  Conditions will be a a bit challenging, and that's not a bad thing.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My business requires me to watch the weather and my terrible hobby of fishing makes me a jr meteorologist. This one requires further watching.Maybe tomorrow at this time  we will know more. I hope it blows in some decent Mahi.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 5:09 PM #357934
I was thinking the same thing, might have to take off a day early next week to see want is out there after it passes.

Lobster walk is a great point as well...decisions decisions.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

basically all the models have some sort of south Florida impact.
Back to the top

Still too uncertain since it still hasn't formed a true center.  If this storm comes together and forms a center and circulation in the next 24 - 48 this could get interesting.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Still no define center, and according to NHC, a lot of the storm activity is over Hispanola right now. Still here is the latest update.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Still too uncertain since it still hasn't formed a true center.  If this storm comes together and forms a center and circulation in the next 24 - 48 this could get interesting.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2016, 9:57 PM #357953

Who knows what this thing is doing?  Fizzling out?  Strengthen tomorrow?  I didn't take a chance and made preps today.  Kids went fishing and brought home a wahoo in the 40# range.  

Back to the top

unless something major changes in the over night hours, invest 99l will not become something stronger. Hisponla did the job of weakening it tremendously.
Back to the top

Once it gets into the gulf look out…

Water temps are solid mid to upper 80's and sheer is gone…
Back to the top

It's looking like this is going to be a non event for the Boca area other than some rain, some wind gusts and rough seas.  Lower keys and Key West need to keep an eye on it but it is having a very difficult time forming a center and if it stays north of Cuba it still could pick up strength over the warm currents.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: