Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tickets for Saturday

Good afternoon all,

I posted in this forum a long time ago. I'm a Saluki and I'll be travelling down to Florida this weekend for the game. I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale and will be making the drive over sometime Saturday afternoon.

What is the best avenue for me to go down as far as purchasing tickets for the game? Should I just buy them on the FAU athletics website?

Also, if I get to town/campus early enough, what are some things I should check out? Any good recommendations on places to eat before the game?

Thanks for the time and help. Hopefully our squads play an injury-free game and may the best team win!
Back to the top

JimDub9 said

Good afternoon all,

I posted in this forum a long time ago. I'm a Saluki and I'll be travelling down to Florida this weekend for the game. I'm staying in Fort Lauderdale and will be making the drive over sometime Saturday afternoon.

What is the best avenue for me to go down as far as purchasing tickets for the game? Should I just buy them on the FAU athletics website?

Also, if I get to town/campus early enough, what are some things I should check out? Any good recommendations on places to eat before the game?

Thanks for the time and help. Hopefully our squads play an injury-free game and may the best team win!

Posted On: Aug 29th 2016, 12:39 PM #358064

We need the ticket sales, so call FAU.  There should be plenty of prime tickets available.  Just tell them you want to sit by your team.  If you want a premium seat ask them for the Delray Hyundai Deck.  If you buy on the secondary market, if you buy on the visiting side some people present those as Hyundai tickets and charge A LOT.  Be careful. 
Back to the top

Jim - There are a couple threads dedicated to the food options in town.  I am not good at locating the old threads but hopefully one of those that are will post the link to it for you.

We have just about everything you could want from very high end to awesome subs, pizza and everything in between.

If anyone acts like a jackass to you in the stadium his name is OC 40, just say hi.   :Goodbye:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm on the viz side.  Sec 127, not collaborators, we're infiltrators.  If those seats were available on the home side, I'd be there.  Best Seats I've ever had.  10 rows up on the 45.  So close I wear receiver gloves.
Back to the top

Are they moving the band back to the student section, or the Students back to the band?  Seems like they should be together.
Back to the top

Welcome to FAU and Boca Raton!

Having a 40+ person tailgate at the basketball arena parking lot - you're more than welcome to join us.

Family friendly setting, bring beer and food for the grill, games on the TV.

Blue Jeep Wrangler, dude with the wide brimmed camo hat.
Back to the top

Hi Jim,

I emailed you through the site so check that out.

Without knowing what you like to do, one possible day could be:

Start off having breakfast at the Boca Beach House on Palmetto Park Road just east of the Intracostal (get the home fries). From there you can walk over to South Beach (no relation to the Miami hotspot) for awhile. Afterwards, you can head up A1A to Gumbo Limbo, the free nature center, to check out South Florida wildlife including new large saltwater fish tanks and a boardwalk OR you could head north on Federal Highway to Mizner Park (that's our "downtown" area) to have lunch/walk around and check out the shops. Yard House and the New York Grilled Cheese Company (across the street from Mizner) are both great options for food in that area (though they are technically chains). If you want something more specific to the area, you can head north of that to Mississippi Sweets (also available at the stadium, albeit with a more limited menu), Tucker Duke's burgers and/or check out Beer Trade Co, which offers beer and comfort food.

From there it's over to campus for the game via 20th Street.

If you want to go out after the game, I'd recommend you visit downtown Delray Beach on East Atlantic Avenue. Bars, restaurants, clubs... the whole shebang.

Enjoy!
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Hi Jim,

I emailed you through the site so check that out.

Without knowing what you like to do, one possible day could be:

Start off having breakfast at the Boca Beach House on Palmetto Park Road just east of the Intracostal (get the home fries). From there you can walk over to South Beach (no relation to the Miami hotspot) for awhile. Afterwards, you can head up A1A to Gumbo Limbo, the free nature center, to check out South Florida wildlife including new large saltwater fish tanks and a boardwalk OR you could head north on Federal Highway to Mizner Park (that's our "downtown" area) to have lunch/walk around and check out the shops. Yard House and the New York Grilled Cheese Company (across the street from Mizner) are both great options for food in that area (though they are technically chains). If you want something more specific to the area, you can head north of that to Mississippi Sweets (also available at the stadium, albeit with a more limited menu), Tucker Duke's burgers and/or check out Beer Trade Co, which offers beer and comfort food.

From there it's over to campus for the game via 20th Street.

If you want to go out after the game, I'd recommend you visit downtown Delray Beach on East Atlantic Avenue. Bars, restaurants, clubs… the whole shebang.

Enjoy!

Posted On: Sep 2nd 2016, 12:05 PM #358232

and don't forget when you goto the 20th street entrance to the University you will be detoured because that entrance is closed on game days.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Jim - There are a couple threads dedicated to the food options in town.  I am not good at locating the old threads but hopefully one of those that are will post the link to it for you.

We have just about everything you could want from very high end to awesome subs, pizza and everything in between.

If anyone acts like a jackass to you in the stadium his name is OC 40, just say hi.   :Goodbye:

Posted On: Aug 29th 2016, 4:38 PM #358071

Man i love the hate lmao.
I disagree with you and you're still salty……get over it
Back to the top

Just got home. My daughter,who is not a dummy ,is at the house with her friend from school,trying to log on and get student tickets. I hope no one on this site was involved in this,  but she said whoever set up the online ticketing must not know how to simplify things. They got them. But they then wanted to show me the steps involved to get them. Less steps might increase attendance. Put free ticket first and second "guest" ticket second.
Back to the top
Control functions: