Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: FAU vs SIU

Season opener and lots of unanswered questioned for both teams. High hopes for both as well. FAU brings depth and speed to the field. SIU will be physical, but likely unable to keep the pace for four quarters. I expect it to be close at the half and then FAU will widen the lead in the final two quarters.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 38 SIU 24

GO OWLS!!!!....and DAWGS!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I never throw out scores but I do expect us to win this game despite the loss of Bain and being unsettled at the QB position. If we don't we could be staring down a third consecutive losing season…

It's kinda funny to read the articles coming out of Southern Illinois about this being a bodybag game for them and their HC trying to motivate the team to think that they're not just going to compete, but to win, as well as pick up their $390k paycheck for being here.
Back to the top

I think defensively we will dominate, offensively it could take us a couple series to get really going. 24-21 FAU.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Season opener and lots of unanswered questioned for both teams. High hopes for both as well. FAU brings depth and speed to the field. SIU will be physical, but likely unable to keep the pace for four quarters. I expect it to be close at the half and then FAU will widen the lead in the final two quarters.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 38 SIU 24

GO OWLS!!!!....and DAWGS!!!!

Posted On: Aug 30th 2016, 11:58 AM #358109

If we give up 24 to SIU….not good
Back to the top

Yea I'm going to say the defense dominates this one with SIU getting a couple of scores in garbage time. 34-14 Owls start off with a W and then it's off to shock the world (Well, mainly South Florida) in Miami Gardens against Miami. But to be honest, I really don't know what to expect. This team has been talented enough to make the post season the past 3 years but always seems to find new ways to disappoint. It really wouldn't surprise me to see them struggle against an FCS team. I really hope this is the year Charlie gets it all together and puts a solid product out on Schnelly Field!
Back to the top

41-3 Owls
Dirskel hits Tyler Carmon twice for TD'S.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

41-3 Owls
Dirskel hits Tyler Carmon twice for TD'S.  
Posted On: Aug 30th 2016, 12:39 PM #358115

I never know whether to call your perspective blind optimism or delusion.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

SIU should not score more than 10 points.

35 to 3 FAU. We should get some short fields and score points that way
Back to the top

Whoa guys, SIU does have a decent O and they nearly beat Indiana last year. I will go with a 34-24 Owl win though!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I think defensively we will dominate, offensively it could take us a couple series to get really going. 24-21 FAU.

Posted On: Aug 30th 2016, 12:29 PM #358112

If the defense gives up 21 no one will consider them as being dominant.
Back to the top
Control functions: